Chapter 26|Guardian of the Oceans

Henry looked at the ring water chakram. That was its name. Wizova. Shame and guilt gathered goosebumps on his arms and he locked his jaw, scolding himself.

How could he forget? What were the hours of training for? He could have put out the fire and saved the day and all he had to do was remember a name for goodness' sake.

Even as the empress levitated above the river, Henry felt trapped in his mind.

"Do not be reprimanding, Henry." The empress said, washing away the gathering storm clouds in his consciousness. "It is okay if you forgot my name."

It then smacked Henry in the face, like a glove loaded with bricks. The chakram's name was the name of the empress.

He looked at the ring on his index finger, then at Wivoza, swallowing and weighing his words.

"I'm very sorry uhhh..." He panicked, a banging on his chest to find the respectful name.

"Call me Wivoza as you would the Chakram. It is my creation, after all."

His eyes flung open, and he stepped forward to be beside Miyu. "You... this is your weapon?" He took it off. "I'm so sorry if we humans stole it from you. You can have it back."

"No." she said softly. "My dear Henry, that was a gift from me to the Rionic Royals many years ago. It is yours to hold and keep until the next generation."

Henry clenched the ring and bowed. "Thank you, Wivoza."

"And you, my sweet child." She turned her head to Miyu, floating closer and overshadowing her.
"You have not only re-activated the grandour stone, but you believed in its magic and called for the water's help." Wivoza stretched out her hand. "And for that, I give to you this everlasting gift of elemental power."

Miyu subconsciously stretched out her arm, and Wivoza waved her hand over her wrist.

Curling wisps of mist flowed around Miyu's wrist and as it faded, three ocean waves caged in a diamond etched itself into her skin. She examined it, mouth hanging and speechless, then bowed.

"Thank you, Empress of the Waters."

"You are most welcome. Miyu Mitsuda, you are now the first guardian of the oceans. You may summon the millions of water creatures from my realm to assist you in any way possible. All you have to do is think of the animal you wish to bring forth, and compress the waves locked in the diamond. Practice your magic well, and you will reach breath-taking heights."

Wivoza receded to float above the river and brought back the light she cast away. "I bid you farewell."

Miyu snapped out of her trance and ran to the edge. "But wait, how do I talk to you if I need you again?"

"Trust the animals and they will show you." She said, melting into the river and it flowed downstream again.

✧✧✧

The crew faced an indescribable silence, only amplifying the sound of the external world. Trickling water in the river, twittering bird high in the canopy, whooshing winds rustling the grass and trees, it all sounded like they had on headphones.

Although the external world blasted its music, everyone's internal universe hushed. They couldn't even hear their breathing and their heartbeats felt miles away. Did the world get louder, or did they get quieter?

Ezra cleared his throat, extracting everyone out of themselves and touching again the basis of reality.

"Well... that was... something." He said.