Chapter 22|The Grandour Stone

Miyu held Fallon as he laid on his stomach and cried into the pillow. He could feel the sharp pain in his chest, like heartburn, but stung by a wasp and drenched in poison.

The full extent of the pain, so excruciating, Miyu squeezed him in Henry’s bed. Snot trickled out his nose and wetted Henry’s pillow and his red teary eyes fogged up his sight.

“Miyu…” He called. “It hurts. It frickin’ hurts so much.”

“I know my love, I know.” She said, rubbing his back as she laid with him on her stomach.

“I can’t take it. Please, take this away from me. It’s torture.”

“I would if I could. I’d give up my heart to exchange it with yours. Just so you wouldn’t feel the pain."

“What am I supposed to do now? He can’t see me like this.”

Miyu raised him up, sitting cross legged with Fallon, and wiped his tears. “For now, I’m going to ask something of you that I know is going to hurt and will be painfully hard.”

She squeezed his hand, and with the purest empathy submerged in her gaze, she hugged him. “I need you to be strong when he comes back. He will want to spend time with us, and I know it will be hard, but for me, please, be strong. I know you are. You’ve been strong for five years. And I know you’re tired. I feel it in your soul, but just for one more day. Be strong again.”

He hugged Miyu and his eyes glistened, more cries escaping on her shoulder.

“Tha-thank you.”

“I’m always by your side, and you know that.”

“Hey!” Henry shouted from the living room downstairs. Anyone here?”

“Shit, they’re back.” Miyu said.

Fallon pulled away and looked into her eyes. “Don’t worry.” He sniffled uncontrollably and wiped at his face with his shirt. “I can do this. I’ll go to the bathroom and take a shower.”

“Alright love, we’ll be here.”

He kissed her on the cheek, grabbed the spare towel and clothes in Henry’s closet, and walked to the bathroom down the hall. No doubt crying again and letting the water drown out the noise.

Henry came up the stairs and into his room, glancing at Miyu on her phone, surely scrolling through pinterest.

“Lemme guess, pinning techy stuff again?”

“And recipes. A girl’s gotta know how to cook.”

“Well, you cook like a man.”

“Ha!” Miyu sat up. “You’re only insulting yourself you know.”

“Exactly. So where’s Fallon? There’s so much I wanna do with you guys.”

“He’s taking a shower; he’ll be out soon. In the meantime, let’s set her up!”

“Now that’s what I’m talking about!”

Miyu rummaged through the chest box by the bay window, taking out the PS4 and the three controllers. Something dropped, rolling at the bottom.

She cocked her head at the white, translucent rock, but ignored it. This was best friend time, and Ezra took up enough of it, which reminded her.

“Where’s Ezra?”

“He went to see the city. He’s never really been anywhere outside Xander.”

“Damn, tough being a royal.” She said, while setting up the game.