Chapter nine

Madoka's pov

So far, there were no wraiths in sight. "We must stay on guard, they could appear any minute." Mami advised them. All of them nodded. "How old are you Nagisa?" Madoka asked Nagisa while bending down. "I'm nine years old!" She replied cheerfully, "How about you Madoka?" "I'm fourteen, and so is Sayaka." Madoka told her. "Wow!" Nagisa admired it. "Pick up the pace you two." Sayaka told Madoka and Nagisa.

All of them kept walking. "This is the center of the labyrinth." Mami told them. "Look, a wraith!!" Nagisa pointed out. "You two stay here and watch us battle." Mami told Madoka and Sayaka. Mami then picked up Nagisa and jumped down to where the wraith was.

This wraith was smaller than the others, but still looked harmful.

Mami pulled out two guns and began shooting the wraith one by one. Nagisa jumped out of Mami's arm and started shooting bubbles from her weapon from behind the wraith. The wraith fell to the ground and let out distorted screeches. Mami shot it as it struggled on the ground. Nagisa then filled up the wraith's mouth with bubbles so it could choke.

Suddenly, an unknown magical girl with a spear came down. She looked at the wraith's body. The unknown magical girl had long red hair tied in a ponytail.

She then created a red diamond barrier between her and Nagisa and Mami

She then created a red diamond barrier between her and Nagisa and Mami. "What do you think you two are doing?" The unknown magical girl asked in a rude tone. "We're taking care of this wraith, it's already dead so how about you leave." Mami told her firmly. "Are you that stupid? This is a little wraith, there is no need to fight it." She retorted to Mami.

"Who is that mean girl?" Madoka asked with obvious fear in her tone. "That's Kyoko, another magical girl." Sayaka replied. "How do you know her name?" Madoka asked, sounding curious. Sayaka began to sweat a little, "I just do." Nagisa looked Kyoko directly in the eyes, "Mami is a veteran girl! She knows what's right!" Kyoko rolled her eyes, "You shouldn't even be a magical girl, you're nothing but a weak child!" "Shut it." Mami shushed her.

Kyoko then pointed to Sayaka and Madoka, "And those humans, they aren't even magical girls, they have no soul gems!" Kyoko said to Mami. "They are my trainees." Mami told her. "I doubt they have a single struggle in the world, their wishes will be useless." Kyoko reminded her. "This little wraith is dead anyways, why don't you leave and take these humans back home." Kyoko told her.

Mami narrowed her eyes and then turned around. All of them left the labyrinth.