Chapter thirty one

Homura's pov
"M-Madoka?" Homura stuttered, it has been so long since she stuttered. Madoka's body lied silently on the ground, impaled in the soul gem. Dark-Mado had stopped attacking.

"Sayaka, you have healing magic, can you heal Madoka?" Nagisa asked with fear in her tone. Sayaka slowly shook her head, a saddened look on her face.

Homura bent down over Madoka's body and held her, "Wake up.. please! I don't care if you're fake, you're the closest thing I have to her!" "Madoka! Please! Madoka!!" Homura cried. Her voice then softened, "P-Please.. I love.. y-"

"You've seen her die so many times, still crying huh?" Dark-Mado questioned with mockery. Homura could feel her sadness turn to anger, and her anger turn to rage. "You KILLED her!!" Homura yelled.

Suddenly, darkness started to surround her

Suddenly, darkness started to surround her. "What the hell's going on!?" Kyoko called out. Then, large pitch black wings sprouted from Homura's back, and her outfit became just as black.

Homura was now.. Devil Homura.

"Oh.. so your it all took over you?" Dark-Mado exclaimed, "Finally, a worthy opponent!" Devil Homura and Dark-Mado were around the same height now.

A beam of black, glitched with other colors, grew into a giant ball in Devil Homura's hands, she then shot it out at Dark-Mado. "Agh!! The pain! It feels like I'm being burnt alive." Dark-Mado groaned. "But Homura.. I am the real Madoka!" Dark-Mado was stumbling on her words. "No you aren't.. and you never will be." Devil Homura said firmly.

Dark-Mado's eyes widened as pain began to overtake her body. Only silence filled her as she was engulfed by the darkness. A smirk was engraved on Devil Homura's face as she watched what felt like a pleasuring sight to her.  Dark-Mado's hand then rose upwards, her fingers slightly clenching to form another beam, but by then her hand was almost fully engulfed, and nothing came out.

Dark-Mado broke out into a final scream that broke silence, and  then  her body hascompletely disintegrated into ash.

The only thing left was silence, but fear of the people of Devil Homura could be seen in their eyes. They all had feared what would come next, would she kill them all, or would she behold mercy for the meekly.

Suddenly, the skies has cleared up into a dark moonlit sky. The silence stopped and almost happiness could be seen. Gasps could be heard from Sayaka, Nagisa, and Kyoko. A beam of light then shine from the sky, a girl the size of Devil Homura, it was Madoka Kaname, the true goddess, the Law Of Cycles. Finally..

"It's time I take you now." Her voice sounded kind but godlike at the same time. The souls of Mami and Madoka then taken out. "Our lord! You've returned!" Sayaka cheered. Madokami smiled.

But then..

Devil Homura grasped Madokami's hand firmly.