Chapter twenty two

Kyoko's pov

"There was once a time where me and Mami Tomoe had a team of magical girls, my family had just passed and I was still angered, but being a duo with Mami made me feel happier. We eventually ran into two other magical girls named Mika and Aiko. Aiko reminded me of you, Madoka. We were a powerful team until one day on a wraith hunt, something happened."

Flashback from three years ago

"Come on, I saw a labyrinth forming." Mami called. "Where is it Master Mami?" Mika asked. "It should be in the doorknob of that house." Mami told them. All of them ran in and entered the labyrinth. It was dark and hard to see, it almost looked like a maze too. "What is this damn puzzle!" Kyoko questioned. "Shhhh, the wraith could hear you." Mami shushed her.

Suddenly, a light turned on and a giant octopus looking wraith appeared. "I-It's so big!" Aiko stuttered while hiding behind Mika.

Mika took the first move by running towards the wraith and she threw her dagger, two of its tentacles were ripped off and it was enraged. The wraith charged itself at Mika but Mami quickly jumped in front of her and shot the wraith. Mami pulled out another gun and continuously shot it while Aiko was bashing the wraith's head with her bo staff.

Kyoko knew it was time to take her move so she extended her spear and jumped up and slashed a tentacle from the wraith. The wraith then hit Kyoko and sent her flying across the labyrinth, but Mika had caught her. Mika sent four daggers flying and ripped off one of the wraith's tentacles.

Due to Aiko's bashing the wraith had been almost unconscious which made it vulnerable to Mami's gunshot. Only three tentacles were left. Kyoko threw her spear at the wraith, cutting off two more of its tentacles. "Woohoo! Only one left to go!" Aiko cheered. "Don't be so off guard, remember what we've been told." Mika warned.

"Mika is right, don't be such an optimistic airhead!" Kyoko laughed. Aiko blew a raspberry, but then she was caught off guard and the wraith used it's last tentacle to launch Aiko across the labyrinth.

"AIKO!!" Mika screeched. "Mika what are you doing?" Mami demanded with fear in her tone.

"I'm sorry, Master Mami."

Mika jumped up to where Aiko was flying and grabbed her by the hand, but it was too late, Mika was hit too. Kyoko's eyes widened. After that, both of their bodies could be seen, dead.

End of flashback

End of flashback

"After that, Mami and I got into an argument which ended our friendship. We then parted ways after that."