Chapter twenty-nine

Flashback

"Is that really what you want?" Kyubey asked while watching Homura cry, "Would you trade your soul to have a wish like that come true? If there is something you want that badly and you're willing to accept your destiny battling witches, then I can help you get what you want." Homura looked up at Kyubey, "If I make a contract with you, would you really grant me any wish?"

" Homura looked up at Kyubey, "If I make a contract with you, would you really grant me any wish?"

"Absolutely. You have more then enough potential." Kyubey answered, "So tell me, what is one wish that will make your soul gem shine?" "I wish.." Homura paused,

"I wish I could meet Miss Kaname all over again, but instead of her protecting me, I want to be strong enough to protect her."

A purple soul gem glowed in front of her, and then she went back in time.

"That's when you left me."

Madoka's pov
"What do you mean?" Homura questioned angrily. "I AM the Madoka from the first timeline you began in, but you left me." Dark-Mado explained with sadness in her tone. First timeline? Homura's a time traveler?

"I thought you were dead!" Homura complained. "You were too puny and weak to realize back then, but you seem to have grown stronger." Dark-Mado insulted. "How did you end up like this? The Madoka I knew was kind, hopeful, and the person I loved..!" Homura's voice could be heard breaking in those last words. Loved? Homura loves me!?

"Another incubator known as 'Ink' came up to me and and offered me another chance. And then, every time one of your 'Madokas' died, I sucked up all their energy and I got stronger each time. Also once you went through almost a hundred of timelines, I got extremely powerful." Dark-Mado continued. Almost a hundred timelines just to save me..

"Oh I forgot to mention, once all those previous timelines were 'erased from existence', I had nothing to do. Until I found that goddamned magical girl heaven, and destroyed it." Dark-Mado smile was grimacing.

"Then what is this Madoka doing here!?" Sayaka demanded. "Oh that, it's just a little puppet I sent down here for bait." Dark-Mado told her. Madoka's body froze, A puppet..? "I doubt you'll still need it here-" "NO!!" Dark-Mado's words were cut off by Homura's screech. "Oh you really want things to be that way then huh?" Two dark orbs appeared in Dark-Mado's hands.