Chapter seventeen

Kyoko's pov

"A duel? I accept it!" Sayaka agreed while pulling out her sword.

Kyoko took the first move by slashing Sayaka in the chest, Sayaka had recoiled but then jumped back to dodge Kyoko's next move. Sayaka then lifted her sword swiftly and hit Kyoko in the head. Kyoko wasn't affected so she extended her spear and used it to throw Sayaka so far that she hit the brick wall at the end of the alleyway.

"Take that rookie!" Kyoko laughed. Sayaka coughed but she grabbed her sword and returned on her feet, sprinting towards Kyoko. Kyoko dodged by hitting Sayaka with her extended rope-like spear, but she didn't fall down unlike last time.

Kyoko sprang upwards and pinned Sayaka down with her now unextended spear, holding her down by the neck

Kyoko sprang upwards and pinned Sayaka down with her now unextended spear, holding her down by the neck. Madoka could be heard gasping in fear. Sayaka lightly choked but then regained strength and kicked Kyoko, both of them got up. How is she this strong for a rookie? Kyoko ignored that thought and she quickly smacked Sayaka in the thigh, attempting to make her fall. Sayaka recoiled for a second but then she stabbed Kyoko in the chest.

Kyoko's soul gem had almost been broken but Sayaka missed the shot. Sayaka then attempted to aim for Kyoko's soul gem again. Why my soul gem?

Kyoko was now ready for her final move. She extended her spear and swiped at Sayaka hard. Sayaka flew across and hit her head on the brick wall. She lied there for longer than usual.

Suddenly, blood started to flow from her head. "Sayaka!!" Madoka yelled. "Madoka, make a wish to save her!" Kyubey told her.

Then, things felt like it was all frozen, but it stopped when Homura magically appeared out of nowhere. "End this battle. The red diamond barrier then disappeared. Madoka ran toward Sayaka but Homura stopped her with her arm. Sayaka then got up, "Don't worry Madoka.. I'm alright." How is she alright!? Kyoko was bewildered, she then ran out of alleyway while Homura glared at her.