| 11 | This is for them

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌

Madalyn looted the kitchen first.

She threw what food and water she could into the bag she found. She didn't care about whoever lived here anymore. She needed this stuff.

She shot her head around when she heard growls. Daryl hadn't gotten all the walkers. Madalyn placed the bag on the counter and pulled out her sword. She left the kitchen and looked down the hall to see a group of five walkers coming toward her. She rolled her shoulders as they stalked over to her.

The first one was further ahead of the others. It reached its arms out, trying to grab her. She brought the sword over her head and slammed it into the top of the walker's head. She pressed her foot against its chest and pulled her sword out. The movement sent both her and the walker stumbling back, except the walker fell into its friends.

The walker only knocked down one other, the other three stepping over the two. Madalyn cracked her neck and bent her knees, preparing to fight the three walkers.

I am not afraid...

Two came at her at once. She swung her sword, killing one instantly but only grazing the other. She stepped back and thrust her sword forward right through the walker's eye.

Three down, two to go.

The third came at her quickly. She barely got a hit on it before she was falling onto her back, the walker on top of her. She groaned in pain while holding her sword above her, keeping the walker from her face. It pushed down on her and growled, showing its gnarly teeth. Madalyn's face hardened while she placed her hand against the blade of her sword. Luckily, her glove blocked the sharp edge from cutting her palm open.

She shoved the sword forward, sending the walker flying back. She jumped up and faced the final two walkers. "This is for Hershel," she muttered while slicing her sword across the walker's chest. "This is for the prison." She shoved her sword up through the walker's head.

She lost hold of her sword as the last walker pushed passed the one she just killed. She stepped back from them, her sword still lodged in the walker's head. She pulled out her knife, holding it backward. "This is for my friends." She rushed at the walker, knocking it to the ground. "This is for Beth!" She stabbed the walker in the forehead. "This is for Daryl!" She stabbed again.

And again. And again.

Blood splattered out onto her knife, her hand, and her face as she stabbed the walker over and over again. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she cried out. "This is for me!" She rammed her knife into what was left of its head one last time before she let her knife fall to the ground.

She stayed on that floor for a while surrounded by the dead walkers. Her knees dug into the wood as her hands shook. She panted as she looked around at the walkers. She wanted to fall to the ground and join them, but she doesn't get to do that.

Madalyn grabbed her knife and wiped the blood off on the walker next to her. She slid the knife into its sheath before she stood up and stepped over the walker to reach her sword. She pulled the sword from the walker's head with a squelch. She grimaced and walked back to the kitchen. She placed her sword on the table as she passed it.

She crouched down and opened the cupboard under the sink in search of a towel or rag or something. She found one quickly and used it to wipe the blood from her sword. She sheathed it and grabbed the bag before leaving the kitchen.