| 55 | Little psycho

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐏𝐒𝐘𝐂𝐇𝐎

...madalyn dixon...

madalyn dixon

While most of them would attack the Saviors at the front of the outpost, a small group, Madalyn included, would sneak in through the back to search for the guns. If the others could keep the vast majority of the Saviors distracted in a battle, they shouldn't run into too much trouble while searching the building.

The two guards at the back door were taken out quickly, and Madalyn snuck inside the building just behind Rick. Her assault rifle was in her hands as her eyes scanned her surroundings. The inside of the building was quiet. Outside was where the noise came from. Madalyn could hear the gunfire as clear as day.

"You signal if they're already inside. We'll be there," Rick instructed the three other men.

"Come on. Let's find 'em guns," Daryl stated. Madalyn followed Rick and Daryl, making sure to glance behind her so no one could sneak up on them.

"We'll sweep the ground floor first," Rick explained. "Madalyn, you should stick with one of us."

"Why? I can search on my own," Madalyn argued.

"Nah. Too close to the fight. It'll be safer for you," Daryl shot back.

Madalyn rolled her eyes. "Fine. Let's just go."

Madalyn decided to stick with Daryl to search the ground floor. Rick would cover one half of the building while Daryl and Madalyn covered the other half. They didn't run into any of the Saviors in their search, but Madalyn could still hear the fight outside.

When the ground floor ultimately came up with nothing, they met up with Rick and broke through the door to the upper levels.

Each and every floor came up empty, and Madalyn was exhausted by the time the three of them pulled themselves up to the final floor. She wiped the sweat from her forehead as Rick and Daryl checked the halls for any Saviors.

"Last floor," Rick noted. "Guns gotta be up here."

"He said they'd be here," Daryl remarked. He as in Dwight.

"Everything else he passed you is checking out," Rick argued.

"That guy's a piece of shit."

"You can say that again," Madalyn muttered. "What if he just wants us to think we're gonna win? Get us this far, then turn on us. He's a self-serving jackass. It wouldn't be too surprising."