| 40 | Disrespectful child

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘: 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃

...jase griffin...

jase griffin

Jase had barely woken up when two Alexandrians arrived at Hilltop, one incredibly sick. Well, two alive Alexandrians. Two of them were dead. Killed by Negan as punishment.

Maggie was the sick one, and she had been taken to Dr. Carson immediately. Jase and Jesus had helped Sasha dig the graves for Glenn―Maggie's husband―and Abraham. They had been killed in the way Negan liked to kill people. Heads bashed in until there was ultimately nothing left.

Maggie had been in the medical trailer for a few days now. Dr. Carson had said she would be all right, and that her baby was okay. Jase was grateful for that. He barely knew Maggie, but he knew she didn't deserve to lose her child after just losing her husband. As soon as Jase and Jesus got the news that Maggie was awake, they made their way over to the graves where she would surely be.

Jesus had been putting flowers on Glenn's and Abraham's graves, so he had two fresh bundles to replace the old ones with. One of the reasons Jase admired Jesus was because of his kindness. Being kind in a world ruled by the dead was hard, but Jesus did it all the same.

"It's nice to see you up," Jesus said once they reached the graves. He knelt down to switch out the flowers laying on one of the graves.

"Flowers," Maggie noted. "It was you."

"Ones on your bed, too," Sasha added.

Jesus went to replace the flowers on the other grave as he said, "I read somewhere that blue flowers inspire strength and calming."

"What's green?" Maggie asked.

"Release."

"Thank God you're finally awake." Gregory's awful voice reached Jase's ears. For shit's sake. What the hell did he want? Jase rolled his eyes before turning around to face Gregory. "You people said you got them all."

"Oh, piss off, Gregory," Jase snapped.

"I wasn't talking to you, Jason," Gregory shot back. Jesus placed his hand on Jase's shoulder so he didn't attack the man they called their leader.

"We thought we did," Maggie replied. She still sounded weak and looked very pale. "It was just an outpost."

"How many of them were there?" Gregory questioned.