| 42 | His own fault

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐓

...jase griffin...evan hayes...

evan hayes

JASE

"Still going," one of the Saviors noted.

Jase, Jesus, and Carl were hiding behind the many boxes stuffed in the cargo truck. The Saviors had been taking their sweet time getting to their compound and then a damn herd showed up. They had been forced to hide behind those boxes all night so they wouldn't alert the herd, therefore alerting the Saviors. It was awful.

Jase could just barely get a peek at the men from where he was hiding. "Looks like the end of them, though," the same man said. Jase called that one 'apple guy' because of the fruit in his hand.

"All damn night," 'cucumber guy' drawled. "At least Negan's smart enough not to let that mess anywhere near us."

"Fat Joey's good for something, at least," 'apple guy' remarked.

"What, eating cake?"

"He rigged the herdway. Just trips. Nothing fancy. Guerilla kind of stuff."

"What kind of stuff?" 'cucumber guy' asked.

"As in warfare, idiot," the other snapped. "Those demo sticks from that run last month, the RPGs from the new guys." Jase sent a glance over to Carl. Carl had told Jase and Jesus that the Saviors had taken all of Alexandria's guns. Negan had taken all of the Hilltop's ammo a long time ago. "Maybe it takes it down. Takes them out. All right, it's a trickle. Let's go."

"Finally."

The two men left the back of the truck. Jase heard them open the doors to the cab and start up the truck. It started moving, and Jesus, Jase, and Carl took that as their cue to move from their hiding spot.

Jase rummaged through the various boxes the Saviors had taken from Hilltop. Greedy bastards. They liked to take the most random shit sometimes. He was sure the Saviors were set with supplies for the next three years with the about of stuff they took from Hilltop, the Kingdom, and now Alexandria.

Carl tapped Jase's arm causing him to look at the teen. Carl pointed toward Jesus, and Jase noticed him pouring maple syrup out of the back of the truck.

Jesus must have felt their stares because he turned around and said, "Making a trail." He looked back out of the truck. "I think we're close."

They were weaving between different cars. Jase had to grab onto some of the more sturdy boxes so he wouldn't fall over. He hadn't the faintest clue where they were. The street was littered with all sorts of debris. It was the type of area that looked as if it was rarely visited. Though, if this was the only route to the Saviors' compound, he supposed it was passed through quite often.