| 49 | Kindred spirits

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐒

...madalyn dixon...

madalyn dixon

Dwight stared hard at Daryl from where he knelt on the concrete. Madalyn flexed her fingers and bit the inside of her cheek. It would be so easy to kill him right here and right now.

"Look at me," Rick ordered lowly causing Dwight to turn his head slowly. "Why?"

"'Cause I want it stopped," Dwight replied. "I want Negan dead."

"So why don't you kill him?"

"Can't just be me. They're all Negan."

Madalyn scoffed before Tara spoke up, "That girl you murdered..." She leaned down so she was at eye level with Dwight. "She had a name. Her name was Denise, and she was a doctor. And she helped people."

"I wasn't aiming for her," Dwight stated.

Daryl ran forward and slammed Dwight against the wall, his knife pointed right at Dwight's face. "Who were you aiming at, huh?" Daryl snapped. "Me or my fucking kid?"

"Do it," Madalyn and Tara said at the same time.

"Kill him, Daryl," Madalyn added. "Fucking do it."

"You wanna end it this way," Dwight panted. Daryl's hand was around Dwight's throat, and Madalyn remembered when Dwight did the same thing to her after she punched him. "You go ahead. I'm sorry. I am."

"You're a shitty liar," Madalyn grumbled.

"I know you want to," Dwight continued. "I know your kid wants to."

"He could just be here to see if you were here," Rick remarked.

"We can't trust him," Michonne noted.

"Not like I haven't been saying that," Madalyn mumbled. Did no one ever listen to her?

"He owned me. But not anymore. What I did, I was doing it for someone else. She just got away." Sherry. "So now I'm here. So are you because of her."

"Do it!" Tara repeated.

"There's another choice," Dwight said.

"Daryl, you knew her."

"Negan trusts me. We work together, we can stop him."

Daryl's knife was barely an inch of Dwight's eye. Just one stab, and he'd be dead. Madalyn might actually feel some peace with the knowledge that Dwight no longer existed. Denise would be avenged. Madalyn tried to will Daryl to kill the bastard.