| 27 | Fire in your soul

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋

...madalyn taylor...

madalyn taylor

After they were robbed of Daryl's bike, Madalyn and Daryl found a fuel truck. It was a bit of work to get all of the branches and vines off, but eventually, they did and went on their way to find Sasha and Abraham.

They weren't hard to find holed up in some office building near where they were all attacked. Abraham had found some weapons he loaded into the back and a very nice-looking military uniform. Now, the four of them were on their way back to Alexandria.

Finally...

The seat in the truck definitely wasn't made for four people, so Madalyn was a bit squashed between Sasha and Daryl as he drove. It was fairly unpleasant considering both she and Daryl were incredibly sweaty from being paraded about all day. Madalyn drummed her fingers against her thighs, anxious to get back home. It seemed as if it's been so long since she's been there.

The worst part was not knowing if everyone was even okay. The herd could've gotten there. People could've attacked. Her friends could be dead, and she would have no idea until she saw them.

Madalyn wanted to hit herself for continuing to think those things.

Everything is fine... they're all okay...

Madalyn repeated those words to herself as they kept driving.

Daryl grabbed the radio from the dashboard and brought it to his mouth. "Rick, you copy?" he said. Static. "Anybody?"

"Maybe we're too far out?" Madalyn offered.

An incoherent voice came over the radio. Nevermind. "Say it again?" Daryl asked.

"Help."

Madalyn's eyes widened while she straightened her back. Daryl quickly started to talk into the radio again, asking what was wrong and who is this. But no one answered. They were gone.

"You think that's from home?" Sasha asked.

"Sounded like Eugene's sorry ass to me," Abraham noted.

"It doesn't matter who or where it is, we need to get back to Alexandria. Now," Madalyn stated. Daryl nodded his head in agreement and sped the truck up.