| 57 | Sensible one

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄

...jase griffin...madalyn dixon...

madalyn dixon

JASE

Without the captive Saviors, they would've already been back at the Hilltop. But with the approximately thirty Saviors tied up and moving at an impossibly slow rate, it took them ten times longer.

Jase cracked his knuckles, then stretched his arms out before him as he walked. His gaze traveled to the side until it landed on that brunette Savior. Well, he actually had some blonde in his hair, too. Jase hadn't noticed that before.

Jase quickly turned his eyes away from the Savior. That was not something he should be thinking about. There had to be something seriously wrong with him. It had been years since he found anyone attractive. He had to have some shit luck for the first person after all those years to be a damn Savior that caught his eye.

Maybe he hit his head without knowing. Or he was dreaming.

Jase refused to think about that Savior. None of them were good people. Yes, not all of them committed horrible deeds. But they still spent their time around people who did do horrible things. They might not be complicit, but they turned a blind eye. Perhaps not all of them had a choice, but Jase was sure a lot of them did. They didn't stop the others from hurting kids, destroying families, and doing so many worse things.

Jesus said they deserved a chance, and Jase fully trusted his brother. He wouldn't stand against Jesus when they finally arrived at the Hilltop. But he also wouldn't forget that the Saviors were still bad people.

For the most part, the Saviors were silent, except that damn long-haired one. His whistling was incessant. Jase was certain he was going to lose his mind if this idiot kept it up any longer.

Jase―and Morgan―finally had enough. Just as Morgan hit the Savior on the arm with his gun, Jase snapped, "If you don't stop fucking whistling, I'm gonna sew your mouth shut."

The Savior looked back at him with a pleased grin. "You got a needle and thread on you?" he retorted.

"I'll cut your tongue out. That better, jackass?"

"My name's Jared, jackass."

Jase snorted. "You look like a Jared."

Jase was suddenly yanked forward by Jesus so he was walking beside him. Jesus sent him a scolding glare, and Jase rolled his eyes. "We're not far," Jesus said, specifically to Morgan who seemed to be fighting demons as he walked. "From the Hilltop. We're far from somewhere else, I guess. We made our decision―"