| 31 | Submit or die

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄: 𝐒𝐔𝐁𝐌𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐄

...jase griffin...

jase griffin

When the world ended and the dead rose up to feast upon the living, Jase Griffin hadn't been with his family. He'd been with his best friend. Living with his best friend actually. Despite everything that happened within his family the year prior, all the blame he placed upon his parents for what happened to his sister, he had still been worried about them.

He'd spent three days after the news about the living dead with his best friend and his family worrying about the parents he had left. Any sort of communication had died. Electricity was gone. Everything was gone. All that they had known was dead.

After three days, and the unfortunate death of his best friend's dog and father, the three that were left decided to drive the twenty miles from where they had been living in West Virginia to Virginia in search of Jase's parents. Jase felt anxiety the entire car ride. Anxiety of not knowing if his parents were even alive or if he was just going to find those dead monsters. But anxiety also of if his parents were alive and what he would say to them after not seeing them for a year because he ran away.

Jase never had to figure out what to say to them since they were both dead.

His parents had always said he worried too much. He always thought his worry was warranted. His worry just meant he cared.

Even now, the start of the world's end far behind them, Jase still worried. He worried about Jesus and his constant runs to find supplies and more communities to trade with. That idiot already got himself captured by those people from Alexandria. He worried about the Hilltop as a whole. The Saviors were ruthless, and who knew if or when they would grow bored and decide they wanted more from Hilltop. If they would kill another person like they killed Rory.

They already tried to get Gregory killed. Not that Jase would have cared that much. That prick was one of the people Jase did not worry about. He worried about how Gregory's actions would affect Hilltop as a whole, but, no, he did not worry for the man's safety.

Yet his worry about people actually did some good. Not long after he arrived at Hilltop and began to show his care about others and his worry about them, people started to talk to him. He was young but for some reason, people liked talking to him. He liked to think he became some sort of... unofficial therapist for Hilltop. He actually did some good. Helped people where he could.