First Day at Work

I walked into the hospital at exactly 6am then went to the receptionist.
"Hi good morning! My name is Y/n."

The young girl looked up at me with a smile.
"Ah yes Ms. Y/n! There's been quite a buzz about you! Call me Lia. I have to escort you to the head surgeon after giving you a tour so just give me a second. And also sorry if I talk a lot, I just do, it's a habit since I was small."

I chuckled as she came around, "You're fine."
She smiled brightly.
"Follow me then."

We walked along to the surgeon's office and on the way she showed me where the garden is, the cafeteria, the pharmacist office, all other head doctor's office, the operation theatre, and so much more since this hospital was big.

"Here you go! Mind you he is a very sweet person just don't get him mad." She warned.
I nodded taking in the advice as she left. I smiled and I knocked.

"Come in!" I heard the cheerful voice of a man.

I entered and bowed.
"Good morning Sir. My name is Kim Y/n."
"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Ms. Kim. Come, please take a seat!" He gestured to the chair.

"I am Mr. Kang. The head of this department as you know. I wish you enjoy your time here and I hope you help as many persons as you can."
"Yes Sir." I nodded.
"Please note, mistakes do happen on the operation table so when we have a loss, please do not think it is your fault."
I nodded understandingly.

"Now. Kim Y/n, oh wait it's Kim? You're married right?"
"Yes Sir, I hope that's not a problem."
"No no! It isn't, we have persons your age married as well." He smiled making me sigh in relief.

"There will be someone to guide you around for the first month and when you get a hang of it, you will be able to do the procedures on your own. I have assigned one of our very best, Mr. Moon to help you. Do enjoy your day."
I bowed to him as I left.

Lia was outside waiting for me and she took me to the room where all the surgeons usually hang out.

"Bye bye. Good luck with your first day!"
I waved at Lia then she left.

I took a deep breath and knocked.
It was opened by a veryyyy handsome man. But not more handsome than Taehyung.

"Hello?"
"Hi! My name is Kim Y/n." I smiled.
"Ohhh Hi!" He smiled, but why does his smile look the joker's.
I chuckled mentally at this thought.

He led me in and there were like about 6 or 7 persons in the room.
"Guys. This is our new surgeon, she's younger than us. Please assist her in times I am not here as I am her guide." He told them and they nodded then came around me.

"Hi! Kim Y/n, 19 years old."
One of the girls looked shocked.
"Woah! 19 and you're already a surgeon?"
"I skipped a few grades because I was gifted as they said." I told her with a smile and they all wowed.

"Alright, Myself Moon Gang-Tae. Pleasure to meet you and I hope you do well." My guide introduced and smiled his joker smile again.
('It's okay to not be okay' fans will get the smile joke. 😂)

The others introduced themselves then Sana came in.
We hugged and talked with the others getting to know each other.

~Time skip~

It was lunch now. Sana and I already did 3 surgeries and Mr. Moon was very impressed with how much we helped he even said we don't need guidance.

Sana and I made two new friends, Ji-eun and Ji-hye. Twins. They were a lot older than us, like in their 30's  and one of them was already married. We didn't use honorifics because they were not from here and apparently didn't like it.