Oh no... pt 2

After my visit to see Eomma, I told her to call me if anything happens and and I also told her to let me know when she will be visiting the hospital so that I can be there.

I was currently driving home and it was 9pm now.
My phone rang.

I quickly connected it to the speaker on my car seeing it was from Jay.
He never calls this late. It must be an emergency.
I picked up to hear his panicking voice.

J: Y/n?

Y: Jay. What's wrong? I hear you panicking.

J: It's Sehun...

Y: What happened?!

J: H-he just woke up screaming and crying and he won't s-stop. We tried calming him but it's unlike all the other times. Y/n, I am actually scared, please come quickly.

Y: Alright I am coming. Jay, just calm down, we don't wanna frighten him more. Take deep breaths and stay connected to the phone until I reach there. Good?

J: Yeah. Please hurry.

I took a sharp turn and sped to the orphanage, calming Jay all the while on the phone. This was bad. He is never afraid.

I reached there in less than 5 minutes and rushed in.
All the caretakers were currently in Sehun's room trying to get him to stop crying and Jay was outside waiting for me.

I ran in the room and they made way for me.
"Guys. Go check on the others and make sure they didn't wake up." I told the caretakers so they could leave as I immediately scooped the crying boy and hugged him, caressing his hair.

"Sehunnie.. baby. Look it's y/n eomma. What happened hm?" I spoke in a soft voice.
He clutched onto my shirt and I patted his back, caressed his hair and did all calming things while speaking softly to him, letting him know I am here.

"Baby. Look at me, can you do that for eomma?" I whispered in his ear and he looked up at me with his teary doe eyes.

He was somewhat calm, he stopped crying but was still shaking uncontrollably.

"E-eomma."
"What happened Sehunnie?" I wiped his cheeks gently and covered him more.
"I-i remember." He spoke, "I had a nightmare and it all came back to me." He said in a baby voice. He sounded so fragile right now.

"Okay do you wanna tell me?"
He nodded.
"Here drink some water first."
I gave him a bottle of water and after he finished he looked at me.

"My Eomma was in a m-mansion but it wasn't ours. She was a slave. Then there was this bad uncle that beat my eomma. H-he would hit her but she did not say anything. She wore those short dresses and would always have b-bruises." He explained quietly while I rocked him back and forth to comfort him.

"One night she was scared when she came into the room in the mansion and she was crying." He paused as he remembered. I caressed his hair comfortingly.
"She gave me to one of the old ladies there and the last thing I remember was her kissing my head then being dragged away by the bad uncle. The lady took me out of there and we fled. Then I somehow ended up here."

He looked at me and started crying again.
"I-is my eomma g-gone?"
I couldn't answer him because I didn't know.
"She's not dead right?" He asked me again, his lips trembling.

"No baby. No, don't think that." I hushed him and he held onto me.
"Don't leave." He said.
"I won't. I will stay here until you fall asleep okay?"
He nodded and we both lay on the bed with me humming a soft tune for him.

Sehun eventually fell asleep, tired from all that crying and I instructed one of the caretakers to be there with him all the time, then I went to find Jay.