chapter 3

~~~TIME SKIPPP~~~

I sat in history class beside Stu, waiting for the teacher to walk in. “So…are you and Randy doing..stuff behind everyones back?” Stu whispered to me with a giggle. 

My face grew hot as I looked at Stu. “Hell no Stu! That's gross I would NEVER hook up with Randy” I said as I fake gagged. “Then why did he say to not sneak through his window?” Stu asked again, his normal funny tone leaving as he spoke to me. 

I paused. Running over what I could say. I could either tell Stu the truth..or lie…

I had only known Stu for three weeks and the thought of telling him the truth was like a jab to the gut…he could do anything with the information..

“I just sneak over to get high and drunk.. It helps ease my mind and helps me sleep” I said with a shrug. Stu nodded his head slowly, his smile returning to his face, and once it did, the teacher walked in.

~~~AFTER SCHOOL~~~

I walked outside the school, clutching my notebooks in my arm, and that's when I saw Casey run up to me with a smile.

“Y/N! Oh my! It's been a hot minute since i've talked to you” Casey said with a smile as she embraced me.

I hugged Casey back with a smile. “Yeah, I'm sorry Cas i've been trying to make new friends like you said,” I said with a chuckle. “Have you?” She asked as she looked into my eyes. “Yeah I have made 5 new friends” I said as me and Casey started to walk side by side. 

“Oooo who are these friends?” Casey asked. “Welll… i've befriended..Sidney her boyfriend Billy, Tatum and her boyfriend Stu, and Randy” I said as I looked over at her.

I saw Casey's smile drop from her face. “Stu Macher?” she asked. “Umm..yeahhh why?” I asked back. “I dated Stu, remember?” she groaned out as she looked at me.

I retraced my mind, yet nothing came up. “No..I don't remember” I muttered embarrassed and slightly ashamed of myself for having befriended my best friend's ex.

“I don't know how you befriended him…hell I don't know how you put up being around him! He's so annoying, ''she said, looking up. “He's not that bad,” I said. “How? Oh my god his laugh and voice is annoying and he's very flirtatious! He flirted with other girls in front of me then played it off as him joking around” She said as she crossed her arms. “He's probably flirted with you.” She added.

“I don't think he has” I said, scratching the back of my neck. “Y/n….Y/n….You're so oblivious when it comes to when people flirt with you… remember middle school, 8th grade, a boy was dropping SO many hints and you didn't pick up on them” Casey said with a sly smile playing its way onto her lips. Then it hit me! Tom Simons! Middle school nerd! “OHHH I remember poor nerdy Tom” I said with a giggle.

“I felt SO bad after you told me! I would have dated him if it wasn't for my dumbass not picking up hints” I said.

As the words left my lips, I felt like I was being watched. Like eyes followed my every move. Watching me walk with Casey.

 I shook my head, brushing the feeling off. Maybe it was a student watching me, maybe it was my mind making things up. The feeling persisted as me and Casey walked. 

“Sooooo… How's things going with you and Steeevvveeeeeeeee?” I said as I raised my eyebrows up at her.

I saw Casey's cheeks turn a bright pink as she lifted her hand to her mouth and let out a giggle. “Oh…it's going wonderfully Y/n! The love we have for each other is almost magical! Like… Like it's from a fairy tale!” She said, a dreamy tone settled in her voice as her eyes sparkled like stars. She was really in love with Steve.

I felt happy for Casey, she was finally in love and actually in love. “I'm so happy you found someone Cas” I said with a smile. “Y/n…oh my god, this conversation made me realize..you don't have a boyfriend yet…We need to find you someone” Casey said.

My eyes widened at her words as she looked at me. “Oh no Cas no no no I know that look Casey no” I said as my smile dropped from my face. Casey snorted out a laugh. “Ohhh come on Y/n!” Casey groaned out as she grabbed onto my arm. I let out an overly dramatic sigh and leaned my head back. “Fine,” I muttered. Casey squealed and smiled so much at my words. 

Casey had been trying to hook me up with so many guys over the years but i've always told her no.

I wasn't one for relationships due to how everyone makes them seem so bad and hearing my mother and father shit talk each other when the other isn't around doesn't help. 

“Me and Steve can find you someone! Can you come over tonight?” Casey asked me. My mind flashed back to Sidney, Stu, Tatum, Randy, and Billy and the horror movie monday marathon…but…they told me I didn't have to come…plus…i've known Casey longer. 

“Yeah sure! 100% I'll come over! Plus I wanna meet this prince charming Steve” I said as I ran my hands through my hair. “Oh yeah! I totally forgot you haven't met him yet!” Casey said. 

Me and Casey kept talking as we walked to her house, which was FAR closer than mine was. 

Me and Casey walked up to her front door. Casey looked at me with this huge goofy grin on her face. “What?” I asked as light laughter fell from my throat as I looked into her bright green eyes. “I just missed talking to you Y/n. Like really I have” Casey said.

I felt a pain in my heart at her words. I hated that I hadn't talked to her since I moved here. “Before you say anything I know we've talked over the phone but its not as good as talking to you in person” She added. 

Without thinking I rushed up to Casey and wrapped my arms around her, engulfing her in a hug.

Casey hugged me back and put her head on my shoulder, her bleach blonde bobbed hair tickled the side of my face.

We both pulled away from the hug and smiled. “Well…see you later Cas” I said with a smile. “See ya later Y/n” Casey said with a small wave before turning on her heels and walking into her house.

I walked off Casey's steps and started back walking, thats when…that feeling lurched back into my mind, the feeling that made every pore sweat, the feeling that made my gut lurch, the feeling that sent shivers down my spine, the feeling of being watched…followed…

I looked behind me, my eyes darting around frantically, looking for something, someone, anything! Through the dying light, I saw nothing but shadows and leaves slowly falling from the trees. I let out a huff of air as I looked forward and kept walking.

The feeling kept pulsating in my mind. My gut was telling me to run, to speed up, that someone, SOMETHING was following me, watching me, stalking me.. Yet my brain was telling me it was just my rattled mind, telling me lies again.

My breathing picked up, my heart was throbbing against my ribs so hard I was sure that anyone on the street would hear it beating. I bit the inside of my cheek as I picked up my pace, jogging almost. 

My chest started to heave up and down, rising so fast and deflating just as quickly..and the feeling only eased once i had rushed into my house and shut and locked the door…