CHAPTER 5

Flashback

"You're leaving me now, when I worked so hard. I did this for us." he said as he cornered you against the school wall

"I'm sorry. But, you did this for you."

"Y/N, are you serious?" he looked at you, tears welling up.

You looked away.  

He looked at the ground as a tear fell down his cheek.

"I'm sorry." you whispered.

He looked at you, shaking his head in disbelief,  and walked away, silent.

You laid your head on the wall, looking at your bedroom ceiling. Your bedroom was small but boho white lights across the wall trim, a tall mirror next to your dresser, and a small bookcase with classic romance books and poetry.

That day was always fresh in your mind. Each time the feeling was worse. This time though, it was diminishing. That was the last time, you seen Baekhyun. That day. You both were in the 8th grade, when he accepted the offer from SM entertainment. You both had been friends since elementary school and both of you wanted to be in K-pop. The only difference was you had no support besides his. 

Despite you wanting the same career, you put your dream aside to support him in every way you could; waited outside early in the morning after dance sessions, went to karaoke to help him practice his vocals for the coaches, helped him get his assignments, etc.

But, that day. The day he got the callback was when viewpoint of your relationship with him shifted. You never told him the reason why you left him and you never would because in your mind it doesn't matter now. 

You both were out of high school now. Time has passed. You both could be grown and get through this... Well try?

You looked down as you heard a knock at the door, "Come in." 

"Hey." Soyeon said as she opened the door. She had a bottle of water in her hand. You groaned. Every time when Soyeon came in your room with a drink or food that meant she wanted to gossip.

She sat down at the end of your bed, "Are you okay?"

You nodded and sat a pillow next to you.

She looked at you, suspiciously, "Are you sure? You were quiet the whole car ride here. Are you nervous about tomorrow?"

You nodded. She's half right.

"Yeah."

She smiled and sat next to you, handing you the water bottle, "Everything will be okay."

"I know." you whispered.

"So, what's wrong?"

You looked down at your lap, hesitant. 

"Just nervous about working as a solo artist."

Soyeon chuckled, "It's common now a days to have a group do solo projects. The company receives their money."

"Oh." you whispered.

"Y/N?" she said and put her hand on your arm, "There's something else, isn't there?"

You looked at your lap.

She sighed, "Well, whenever you want to talk, we are here for you."

You nodded and looked behind her, "Where's Mei?"

"She's in the studio, recording with some of the members of SuperM."

"This is crazy." you whispered.

"What is?"

"We have 3 weeks to redo everything we have already done."

"Yeah, it is crazy."

"Frustrating, too." you implied.

"But, remember what I've always said." she asked.

"We will make it." you answered.

"Yes and we will be big." she reassured and squeezed your arm.

BAEKHYUN POV

Why her?

My mind was racing, since yesterday. I could barely sleep or eat, since yesterday. The moment I found out the news we would be doing a project with an up and coming group. Practicing with trainees is not a big deal. I didn't expect it to be her. I thought maybe a new boy group or if anything another teenage girl group. An older girl group is fine too. But, why her? Why Y/N?!

I laid my head on my pillow. My blood started to boil.

"Why?" I sighed.

Her face still in my brain. She hadn't changed a bit. She looked the same as the last time, I seen her.

I did this for you!

No, you did this for yourself!

That day replayed. My blood started to boil. That day was so long ago, but it still felt like yesterday. That day I lost my best friend. Today I have new friends. That day I lost a piece of me. Today, that piece is healed. That day, I experienced my first heart break. Today, I felt it all over again.

Why, Y/N? Why did it have to be you?

I sighed and rolled over to catch a few z's.