CHAPTER 16

THE NEXT DAY

You groaned as the sun shined through your bedroom window. 

I've really got to get blinds for that.

You sat up and walked to the window, covering your eyes from the sun's glare. The streets were busy, already. You smiled and walked to your closet, grabbing your long sleeved, x large hoodie, and walked to the kitchen. You made yourself a pot of freshly brewed coffee and opened the door to the balcony. The crisp cool wind hitting your face. You smiled, closed the door behind you and sat down in one of the wooden chairs. You, Mei, and Soyeon picked them up off the side of the road, when you moved in.

 After hours of scrubbing the dirt, restoring the wood with polish, and adding cushions to the seats. 

FLASHBACK:

"Look at them!" Mei yelled as you all stood to your feet.

"Awesome!" you said.

"They look brand new!"  You all stood in front of the chairs. 

Soyeon pulled you two close for a hug, "We did it!" she said with a smile.

You all hugged tight, smiling; feeling relieved and joy.

You sat back, feeling relaxed, for the first time in a while. Between dance rehearsals and studio time on crunched time. This was exactly what you needed. Me time. Time to step back. Time to take a breath. Time to refresh. You took a sip of your coffee and laid your head back, feeling the warm sun rays hitting your face.

FLASHBACK:

"Now, doesn't this feel nice?" 

"Yes, grandma." you replied.

You were 16 years old. You and your grandma were sitting on the grass, in the backyard of her small home, enjoying the nice warm spring day.

"We should do this more often?" you suggested?

"We should." she agreed.

Her voice was soft, comforting.

She sighed and sat up.

"So, how's school?"

"Good." 

"How's that friend of yours?" 

You sat up with her and chuckled, "Baekhyun, grandma? He's fine."

"Still going for that k-pop career?"

You nodded and looked down at the ground.

She looked at you, concerned, "What's wrong, Y/N?"

"What if he makes it?"

"Well isn't that what you want, honey?"

"Yes, grandma. I do more than anything in the world. He's been working so hard."

"So, what's the problem?"

"What if..," you couldn't say the words.

She put her hand on your shoulder, "He won't forget about you, honey."

You looked at her, shocked, "How did you know that is what I am scared of?"

"Well, that's what any friend, heck even family, would feel in your situation."