CHAPTER 14

You sat in in the car as Taemin was putting his things in the trunk. 

"That was embarrassing." you said and laid your head on the headrest, closing your eyes.

You were replaying the scene in your head.

What was more embarrassing? Soyeon and him seeing you and Taemin? Baekhyun not even looking at you? No, he did that too at in the studio. Ugh! Your head started to spin.

Taemin closed the trunk and got inside. He closed the door and looked at you, concerned.

"Are you okay?"

You opened one eye at him and nodded, "Just dizzy."

"Just dizzy?" he asked turned the car on, putting the AC on high. 

The cold air hitting your sweaty skin felt like waves; relieving your aching body.

"Thanks." you said.

"No problem." he said and put the car in drive.

Later that night

You spent all afternoon laying down in your room as Mei and now Soyeon were at practice. This was the first time in a while, you were alone. You hated it.

You looked over at your nightstand and grabbed your phone and dialed. You put the phone next to your ear, waiting for it to ring.

"Come on. Pick up."

"Sorry, the number you dialed has not set up a voicemail box." 

You groaned and hung up.

Typical. Always typical of her. 

Ever since you made it to SM, she never answered your calls anymore. You never understood why she was never supported. You did this for them. Not for you.

"I guess it doesn't matter now." you sighed and sat the phone back on the nightstand. You looked at the small, black photo frame that occupied the space. You grabbed it and stared at her. 

The photo was a picture of you, your mom, and grandma, when you graduated high school. That day your mom was so proud of you. You were going to go to nursing school and follow in their footsteps. Your mom worked at the same hospital your grandma did , until she became ill. Now, you were going to be the next. You looked at your grandma's smile. How her dimples came out on her cheeks and forehead. You could hear her sweet laugh. Her laugh was quiet and contagious. 

You could feel a tear forming, "I hope at least I am making you proud."  you whispered and set the frame back on the stand.

You slowly sat up on your bed, "Maybe a warm shower will help my achy muscles." As soon as you stood up, your phone vibrated.

TAEMIN: Hey.

You looked at your phone, confused, "Why is he texting me?"

YOU: Hey.

TAEMIN: How's your head?

That's right. I did tell him I was dizzy.

YOU: It's better. 

TAEMIN: That's good. Anything I can do to help?

YOU: No, just need some rest for tomorrow.

You slowly stood up, "Why does he care?" you rolled your eyes and headed to the bathroom. The girls were going to be home soon. 

Short bath, tonight. It is. 

An hour went by, when you walked into the hallway, hearing keys jingle on the door. You were in your long black robe, hair in a towel.

"Hey!" Soyeon said.

"Hey."  you replied.

Mei and Soyeon quickly came inside and sat on the couch beside you, smiling at you.

"What?" you asked as you took the towel out of your hair.

Her and Mei looked at each other, still smiling, and then back at you, "What do you mean "what?"" Mei replied.

You started drying your hair with the towel, waiting for an answer.

"You and Taemin?" Mei asked.

"What about him?" you asked, nonchalantly.

"Come on. What's going on?" 

You sat down in the chair next to them, "Nothing is going on." you replied and sat the towel on the arm rest.

"Soyeon told me about your practice, Y/N."

"Come on, Y/N." Soyeon said.

"What?" 

"What's going on?" Soyeon asked.

"Nothing is going on." you said again, becoming annoyed.

"Girl! You cannot tell me that you two dancing like that that there is nothing going on." Soyeon said.

You stood up, towel in hand, "There's not." you said.

"Y/N?" Mei said.

You looked at her.

"Will you tell us if there was?" she asked.

You smiled, annoyingly, "Look, when there is something going on, I will tell you both. In the meantime, there's not." you replied and made your way to your room.

"Okay." Soyeon said, innocently. Then playfully tapped Mei's leg. 

"Oh, wait, Y/N?" Soyeon said.

You turned around, hand on the door handle.

"Friday there is a celebratory party."

"Celebratory party? For what?"

"I don't know. Kai and Lucas tossed the idea around with Mei and I."

"Oh." you replied.

"Would you come?" Mei asked.

You sighed and looked at the bedroom door.

"Please, Y/N." Mei begged.

You took a deep breath and turned around, "Fine." you whispered and walked into your room. You could hear the girls squealing. You smiled and walked to your closet.