CHAPTER 26

You finally had the courage to stay out of bed, after the meeting. To say you were relieved was an understatement. You and Taemin still had your jobs. Your debut was still happening! You grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge and opened the patio door. The warm sun hitting your skin.

This is it. 

You sat in the chair and brought your legs up to your chest, so the sun could hit your body too. The heat sending your body into ease. You sat back, grateful to have your career. But, you also wondered- What about Baekhyun? Soyeon? Will things between them be better? Will things between you and her ever be better? 

I need to fix this. But, where to start?

You pulled your phone from your pocket. 

YOU: Hey, can we talk?

You turned your phone off and sighed. 

Hopefully, this works. 

You looked up at the sky, "What do you think, Grandma?" you whispered.

You closed your eyes waiting on a reply.

Flashback:

"Grandma, it's me." you said and sat beside the hospital bed.

"Y/N." she whispered and held out her hand. 

You smiled and squeezed hers.

"How are you, honey?" she asked.

You sighed, "Could be better. But, I'll be okay." you said. You could feel the tears well. 

She looked at you, confused, "What's wrong, honey?" 

"Grandma, Baekhyun made it." you sighed.

She smiled, "That's great, honey!"

"Yeah, it is." You looked down at the ground as the tears fell down your cheeks

"You didn't want him to make it, did you?" she asked.

You shook your head.

"Y/N, why not sweetheart? You two worked so hard to make this happen."

You looked at her, "Grandma, I didn't." you whispered, feeling ashamed.

"Oh, honey." she said and sat up. She put her arms around you and squeezed with little strength she had left.

"I'm happy for him, Grandma. But, I did something stupid." 

She pulled back and looked at you.

"I told him I didn't want to see him anymore and that he did for himself."

She looked at you, shocked and angry at the same time.

"Now, Y/N.. Why on Earth would you do that? You liked him so much! You two been through so much together to get here." 

You sat back in the chair, "Because I know that he would forget about me anyway. Most idols do. With their schedules, he wouldn't be able to be my friend like he is now. That would kill me not seeing him or talking to him. I didn't want to be a burden."

She chuckled, "So, your friend achieves his goals and you turn your back on him over assumptions?" 

"Well, now that you make it sound like that.,"

"Sound like what?" she interrupted. "That's exactly what you did, Y/N!" she said and sat back on the bed.

"Grandma?" you said, speechless. This was a side of her you have never seen. She was a sweet lady. One whom could stay calm in the most tense situations. Leave it to you to get her angry.

"Y/N, why go through all this just to turn your back on him?" she asked crossing her arms.

You sighed, debating or not whether to tell her the truth. But at this point, the truth would be best now.

"For you." you whispered.

"Huh?" 

"I did it for you, Grandma. I heard Mom and Dad couldn't afford your treatments anymore. So, I decided to become an idol to make money and save you. Baekhyun being the friend he is decided to do it with me. I didn't make the auditions."

She stared at you, emotionless.

After what felt like minutes, she sighed and motioned you to sit beside her. You gulped in fear of what she was about to do. You slowly sat down next to her. She looked at the wall and then at her lap.

"You did this for me." she whispered.

"Yes."

She cleared her throat and looked at you. Her eyes were red. "Honey, your parents could afford the treatments."

"What?" 

PRESENT DAY

Your phone buzzed in your pocket.

BAEKHYUN: Yeah, I can meet you.

You smiled and stood up. 

Be with me, Grandma.