CHAPTER 6

"How are you here?" you gasped as you looked at Mei. SuperM and Angel had their first studio session as a group.

"I haven't left."

"Have you slept?"

She chuckled, "Maybe an hour in that chair." she answered and nodded at the chair close to the door.

Soyeon looked at you two as SuperM, your manager, and her were talking. She nodded and walked towards you.

"So?" Mei asked.

"So, the plan is for SuperM to sing Dreaming of a White Christmas and we sing All I want for Christmas. Then we all come in on Blue Christmas. "

This should be fun. you thought.

You looked around. The studio was spacious, thank goodness. The walls were white and there were multiple rolling chairs, even for a spacious room, it was going to be a hassle getting past members. You looked at all the members. Your eyes met one; Taemin. He was wearing a black hoodie and grey sweatpants; matching quite a few other members. He smiled at you and looked down as Lucas started talking to him. You smiled back and looked at the ground. Your heart skipped a beat.

 As you looked up, you felt someone else staring at you. You searched the room; Baekhyun. Your heart quickly stopped and hit your stomach. Your eyes met and all you could feel was sadness. You coughed and looked elsewhere.

"Okay, everyone. Go ahead and take a seat." The record producer said. You quickly took a seat beside Mei whom was sitting in the last seat, closest to the door. Soyeon sat on the other side. You watched at the corner of your eye as Baekhyun took a seat next to Taemin. You looked at the producer as he started talking about the day's plan and goal. 

Even though all your attention was on the producer. Your mind was elsewhere.

How could you do this to me. I did this for you. Why? Why, Y/N?  

The bitter sentences repeating themselves over and over in your mind. 

Why? Why? Why, now? 

Your mind fighting with itself to stop. 

"Y/n?" you heard someone say. You looked up to see Mei standing in front of you, putting her hand on your shoulder, "Are you okay?"

You looked around and realized everyone was looking at you. You nodded and stood up. You, Soyeon, and Mei walked into the recording room. As you put the headphones on, you heard the producer explain how your session will look like. You nodded as you and the girls centered yourselves close to the microphone.

Your session lasted for an hour and Angels nailed every note and harmonization part. You took off your headphones, smiling. You, Soyeon, and Mei hugged each other and walked out of the studio.

As the 3 of you walked out, applause erupted. You looked down at the ground, blushing. 

"Good first practice, girls." your manager said.

"Yes. Good. job." the producer mocked.

"Now, what?" Mei asked.

"Well as discussed, SuperM will record their part and he will work his magic. After group's recordings are done, then we will start with the showcase songs as a whole group. After those recordings, dance practice together."

"What about solo?" Soyeon asked.

"Solo's will be designated for individuals and their assigned time slots."

All of you nodded and started making your way to the door.  You looked at the corner of your eye to see him getting up, hoping he would look at you. But, he didn't. Instead, he made his way into the recording room.

BAEKHYUN POV

Every note that Y/N hit made my heart sing with her. She was incredible. I knew she had it in her. The perfect harmonization. I looked around to make sure no one was watching me. Make sure she wasn't watching me. She wasn't. This was their show. Her show.  I looked at the ground as I seen her and Angels start taking their headphones off. I couldn't make it obvious. I looked up and watched as they stepped out. 

Everyone around me stood to their feet. I wanted to join. But, my feet felt like they were glued to the floor. My body was heavy. They were amazing. After they talked, Kai tapped my arm to stand up. I quickly stood up and made my way to the room. I looked at the corner of my eye to see her looking at me. She looked forward with a look in her eyes. I know those eyes. She wanted me to see her. I did, Y/N. I see you.