CHAPTER 12

"Finally."  you said as Tiger Inside finally ended. You walked to the back wall and leaned your body against it.

"Are you okay?" Taemin asked.

"Yeah. I just didn't think it would take me so long to get a hang of the choreography."  you said as you chugged half of your water bottle.

"It's okay. We all have our days."

You put the lid on the bottle and sat on the floor, "Yes, but not for a debut."

"True. But, at least you got it."

He slid down next to you and started drinking his water.

"True." you replied.

He screwed the lid on, "So, blue christmas?"

You felt a lump in your throat.

"Sure."  you whispered.

You slowly got up and made your way to the middle of the floor, watching as he was changing the song on his phone.

It'll be okay, Y/N. It's just a dance. 

The music started to play.

Here we go.

Taemin walked towards you, "You ready?" he said and held out his hand.

"Yeah." you whispered and grabbed his hand.

He pulled you beside him as he  sang the first line, "I'll have a blue Christmas with you"

He squeezed your hand as you two started walking slowly; your body stiff as a board, "I'll be so blue just thinking about you." you quietly sang; feeling your stomach in knots.

"Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree."

"Won't be the same dear, if you're not here with me."

"And when those blue snowflakes start falling. That's when those blue memories start calling." you two sang together as you were hand in hand waltzing in circles.

You pulled away at arms reach, "You'll be doing alright with your Christmas of white." you sang, smiling.

He smiled as he pulled you into his chest, "But I'll have a blue, blue, blue Christmas." he sang as he looked down at you.

Now time for the waltz.

You and him began spinning in circles, his hand gently gripped your wrist and the other on your back. He pulled you in closer with every spin, until your head was on his chest again. You could hear his heart beating in your ears.

It's so soft. 

You shook your head.

He let you go as you dipped. You looked in his eyes, realizing he was smiling down at you. You could feel your cheeks getting hot.

Why is he smiling?

 He slowly lifted you up. 

You could feel your body loosen up.

You let go and quickly sat a chair in between you two, "You'll be doing alright with your Christmas of white." you belted and held onto the chair, slowing circling around it. 

He smiled and started circling around the chair with you, "But, I'll have a blue Christmas. He whispered.

You sat in the chair and watched him continue to circle the chair, "You'll be doing alright with your Christmas of white." you whispered.

He grabbed your hand and stood you to your feet, "But, I'll have a blue, blue, blue, Christmas." you both harmonized as he pulled you closer. 

You looked up at him. His dark brown eyes staring at you. Through you. You could feel your heart skipping a beat. Lost. Lost in his eyes. Lost in him. 

"Whoo!" you heard someone yell causing you to jump. You and Taemin looked at the door.

"That was hot!" Soyeon yelled.

You quickly pulled away. Embarrassed. 

Taemin chuckled, "Not what I was going for. But, thanks."  he said and walked to the radio.

You looked at the ground and looked up. Your beating heart hit your stomach. 

Baekhyun.

There he stood. Froze. Emotionless.

How long had they been standing there? Long enough.

You could feel your cheeks getting hot, growing more embarrassed.

 You cleared your throat, "Why are you guys here? I thought you had the day off."

"We did." Soyeon answered.

She looked at Taemin, whom was packing his bag.

"Good thing we came when we did." she joked and looked at you.

"Well, room is all yours." Taemin said as he approached her. 

"Thanks. "she said.

"Your practicing?" you asked, shocked.

"Yeah. You were right. Debut time is getting close. So, why not take the time to practice." Soyeon replied.

You looked at Baekhyun waiting for him to talk. 

Say something. Anything. Baekhyun?

But, he stood there with his hands in his pockets. 

"Well I'll see you later." you said to Soyeon and started walking towards your things.

You put your bag on your shoulder and grabbed your hoodie and water bottle.

"Here let me get that." 

You look behind you to see Taemin holding his hand out and grabbing your hoodie.

"Thanks." you replied.

You and Taemin made your way out the door. You looked at the side mirror to see of he was watching. But, he was already getting in place stretching.