Chapter 2 - Destiny's game

The rift between Virat and Sai continued for some time. None of them left any chance to show another one their superiority and another one obviously has to answer back so their arguments and actions against each other become regular things. Sometimes they went overboard also and irritated everyone by humiliating each other, they really used any measures to get under other one’s skin.

 Mohit was the only happy one who liked their arguments and actions against each other. Devi and Shivani worked for their own company and Sai’s college was closed after 1st semester so they stayed in Nagpur for a long time but Mohit worked for another institute so he had to come back and soon his Editor send him to Kashmir to take an interview local people in some issues. 

On the other side, Chavan’s and Joshi’s were too much irritated about Virat and Sai’s regular arguments and action against each other so they thought  to sent Chavan siblings and Saito their farmhouse and instruct them to dissolve their issue there. Devi went early to keep the farmhouse clean and ready for others while the others started after finishing some works in hand. Shivani cursed her fate as she was stuck between the bickering of her Dada and BFF who always fought in every issue from the beginning of their journey.  

Virat and Sai were not very much happy with the fact that they will have to spend 3 days together but both were excited about two matters firstly they will have a vacation with their best buddies except one and they will get a chance to teach their opponent a good lesson but both were unknown that this journey will change their destiny and course of life.

On the way, the weather has become very bad. Heavy rain with storms made it impossible to drive anymore. They also got the news that there was an accident that took place and the road become blocked by police. They started to find shelter for the night and found a caretaker renting rooms of a house at a high price. They took one room as there were many people who needed shelter.

 Both the girls become a little afraid and clung to Virat. For their clinging and constant tagging, few buttons of his shirt tore keeping his well build upper chest uncovered. They somehow managed a comforter and slept snuggling close.

 Shivani woke up early morning and felt hungry as they didn’t eat anything from last evening and thought to go search for some food for them. Se is a foody and staying without fod is very difficult for her though she knew her brother will not approved her venturing out alone she decided to hunt some food outside. 

She saw Virat and Sai shivering a little bit as she took the maximum portion of the comforter at night. She smiled at them sleeping like kids so close and covered them properly with the comforter. For covering them properly she pushed both of them towards the center of the bed that is close to each other and finding warmth both of them end up cuddling each other. After covering them properly Shivani went in search of food. 

On the other hand, all Chavan family members and the Joshi family were tensed about the well-being of their kids as the mobile network was not available so they couldn’t contact any of them. In the morning Devi managed to call Chavan Nivas somehow and told that Virat, Shivani and Sai didn’t turn up at the farmhouse last night. She also told about the road blocking last night which just opened and she decided to go there. 

Other family members also decided to go to that place. They met a worried Devi just outside the bungalow where according to the eye-witnessed many people took shelter. The media was also there to cover the condition of accident victims and others who were stuck there for roadblocks and bad weather. In that bungalow from the caretaker, they found that those three took shelter there and went to the room he pointed finger. 

When they opened the door which Shivani closed behind her, they found Virat and Sai sleeping in each other’s arms. Sai’s head was on Virat’s bare upper chest and they were cuddling each other under a cover their looks were worn out and hairs devastated it was looking like as they spend some private time last night. Elders stepped out of the room in embarrassment and before they restrict media took the image of children of two prestigious families in such compromising position. 

Devi woke them up they really were embarrassed seeing their position but soon their expression change into horror when she told them the situation and incidents before they woke up. They searched for Shivani but she was nowhere to be seen which made things complicated. When they came out from the room after making them presentable reporters were there to click their pictures and throw questions towards them.

 Virat tried to cover Sai and protect her from reporters so pushed him behind him body and that sent a wrong signal to the media. Somehow Omkar, Ninad and Kamal managed to push media away from them and lead them towards cars. They saw the fallen and ashamed faces of Bhabani, Sonali, Ashwini and Alka and felt sorry they understood they make their family is ashamed without any fault of theirs. By then Shivani came there with food she saw a commotion outside the bungalow and their family cars.

 She went there and came to know about the situation. She felt guilty that her hunger, love for food and act to protect Virat and Sai from cold landed them in such big trouble. She told everyone about her deed and everyone forgave the duo and scolded her. 

Things were not ended there Omkar and Ninad somehow managed to stop the news from publication using their contacts but when such gossips about kids of two prestigious families broke it was impossible to close people’s mouths so Virat Sai and their imaginary night together with lots of imagination started to roam in people’s mouth and people started to speak ill about Chava and Joshi Family. 

To save the family reputation and reputations of their kids Bhabani decided to announce that Virat and Sai’s alliance was fixed long back and soon they will be married. Virat and Sai both knew that there is no way they can object to it for their loving family they have to go through it. They decided that they will keep it a secret outside Nagpur and got ready for their unavoidable Shadi. They had a secret engagement on the same evening Bhabani decided to go public and their wedding was fixed within 7 days. 

Except for Virat and Sai, everyone was happy about the upcoming marriage. Chavans loved Sai from her childhood like a daughter and they are getting her as one for them she will be always a daughter, not a daughter-in-law. Joshi’s were also happy Virat is the best groom they can think for their precious daughter they knew him from childhood and love him and they knew Chava family will always keep their daughter Sai happy. Devi and Shivani were in cloud nine as they will get Sai as their sister-in-law. The only person who will not be happy with the news didn’t got the news as he was in Kashmir where no network is available for prepaid mobiles. Chava family left a message to his office that he should come back to Nagpur as soon as he returns from there to attain an important family function. 

Though the wedding happed in a very short notice but Chava’s and Joshi’s tried their level best to make it a grand affair. Every single ritual and pre-wedding and post-wedding function were arranged in such a manner that people thought that everything was planned from months back. On a fine afternoon in presence of their family and relatives, Virat and Sai said were tied in holy matrimony. Virat was looking drop-dead handsome in a Royal blue and ivory Sherwani and Sai were looking the most beautiful bride wearing a red heavy lehenga, heavy jewelry and mahendi adoring her hand till her elbow and feet.