Chapter 21 - Does she make a difference?

Mohit couldn't take the fuss going on in their home for his newborn nephew and asked for a long assignment.

He felt betrayed that his fiance Karishma was also fussing over the baby. He wanted to be her first priority and wanted she will dislike those whom he dislike but shockingly she started to side with his family and Sai with time.

In Fact, she dared to try to make him understand that his family is not against him and that they love him also. He really couldn't understand how she thinks that his family members love him even when clearly they are not at all thinking about him. In fact, he knew that he doesn't matter to them at all.

At first, Karishma comes to him during Shivani's wedding and expressed her feelings for him. He was delighted to know that there is someone for whom he matters. The fact which impressed him was that she knew Virat but was never interested in Virat. She liked him instead of Virat that thought only pushed him to think about this girl and agree to her proposal to give their relationship a chance.

Then she made a difference in his life. She was giving her full attention to him and he was happy. They started to date after both their families give the green signal to their relationship. She was attentive to his every need and wish. This was helping him to leave his bitterness behind and live a bit free. With her, he doesn't need to impress her always but she always how much she loves him.

He finally started to leave thinking about the unfairness of destiny and dreaming of a life with Karishma. He thought that they will get married soon and there will be a person in Chavan's house to look after all his needs and will not judge him at all. He also thought that they will soon embrace parenthood and that their child will be everyone's dear but destiny had to destroy his every dream.

He was very happy on the day of his engagement. The whole family for the first time was giving attention to him and his would-be bride but no that day only all this attention was snatched away from them. To his utter shock, Karishma was not sad about this but she was jumping in happiness that she was going to be an aunt. This was the first time she disappointed him.

Then she becomes ready to postpone their wedding for Sai's delivery. He wanted her in his life earlier. How could she agree to postpone their wedding and why did she think about Sai, his brother's wife? He was angry with her and she justified that she wanted all to celebrate their wedding with happiness not being worried for Sai and her child. He thought that make sense and he agreed with her half-heartedly.

But he noticed her excitement for the baby and it hurt him. How could she be excited for the baby whose father snatched all his happiness from childhood? At Sai's baby shower, she was there planning surprises for the would-be parents happily without noticing how angry he was. When asked she said being the would-be eldest daughter-in-law of Chavan House it was her duty to participate in all these.

He had to admit that she helped him to manage his anger and frustration in this situation. He this time never did any such things to anger his elders for her and her words.

But things started to get worse after the birth of Virat and Sai's son. She started to give more time and attention to the little man than him. He really doesn't like to share his things with anyone else. So one day he get angry when he saw her babysitting the child and playing with the baby instead of going out with him.

He got angry and asked her "What is this Karishma, why are you caring for Virat's son?? I asked you to go out for coffee but you refused me for that tiny thing? I said to you numerous times that I hate Virat and want you to do so and anything dear to Virat should be avoided like dirt. Then why are you always with his wife and son?"

This is the first time she lashed out to him "What kind of a man are you? You are getting jealous of a newborn baby? Sai was tired and not feeling well so I volunteered to look after Shivam. I know you don't know his name either. I really don't understand how a man can hate such an innocent cute baby!!

Yes, you told me to stay away from Virat Sir, his wife, and his son. You said I need to hate them because you hate them. Really did you forget that Sai is my friend first then Virat sir's wife? She is very dear to me, I love her. In fact, Virat sir is also first my teacher whom I respect then your brother. Why should I suddenly start hating them all of a sudden as per your words only??

I am a human being, not a robot to listen to your every command. I love you, but that doesn't mean that I left behind my individuality. I am an individual human with my own judgment of people and situations. Don't forget this. I am always trying to coat my feelings with the logic you would like.

I postponed our wedding because I was worried for Sai and the baby along with other family members. I was preparing a surprise for Sai because I wanted to make my friend happy on her special occasion. I made preparations to welcome Shivam because I was happy to become an aunt. I take care of him because I love him. Hopefully, I answered all your doubts.

One last thing is that your family doesn't hate you, they are irritated because of your behavior towards your other siblings. You're always blaming Virat Sir, Devi, and Shivani, blaming them and disappointing them. Change your viewpoint and you will get to see how much they love and care for you. Shivam is alone. I need to leave for now."

Mohit couldn't take this lash out of Karishma. He felt bitter towards the junior Chavan for that little thing only his fiance misbehaved with him for the first time.

He immediately talked with his superior, ask him to assign a long task, and left the house with work. He left the house but Karishma's words never left his head.