Chapter 24 - Finally Together (Last Chapter)

Time doesn't stop for anyone. With the passing of time, Mohit recovered from post-operation and other injuries. It's been nearly 1 month since Mohit had to stay in the hospital and during this time his whole family came to him to support him and take care of him. When he thought of giving up fighting and accepting his destiny of staying in a wheel chair his family members encouraged him to fight again.

When he came home after discharge he thought that any trained nurse would be appointed to look after him but he was thoroughly surprised when his family members took turns to look after him.

In this time one day when Sai was there with him, he said "I am sorry Sai. I know I behaved very badly with you and insulted the meaning of friendship. But can you forgive me?" Sai smiled and said "Might be you forgot our friendship but I never did. I was waiting for my friend to realize his fault and become bussies again." Mohit was touched by Sai's words and held her hands tightly, both of them smiled amidst tears.

During this time Mohit also came close to Shivam. At first, it was Sai or Virat who used to bring the kid when they took turns looking after Mohit. But the little guy won Mohit's heart very quickly and he started to ask for his nephew. He started calling him "Shiv" and the little one started to respond. Like this, the relationship began. It was Shiv who motivated Mohit to walk Mohit without any help.

It has been months since Mohit's accident, his leg injuries recovered but still, he was not able to walk without support after long sessions of physiotherapy. He was the first one to leave hope of walking and decided to spend his life in a wheelchair. He also said Karishma to leave him and get married to someone else.

His family members motivated him a lot to walk, he tried but the pain he was feeling with every step demotivated him. After a long discussion, crying season, and scolding from his family members could not inspire Mohit enough to endure the pain and take steps. Finally, all had to leave the hope that Mohit would walk independently one day.

One day while Mohit was seating in a chair in his room. From his room, he could see the drawing room clearly. He watched Karishma playing with Shiv, two of his favorite people. Though he refused to marry Karishma and asked her to marry someone else she did not budge and stayed in Chavan Nivas only. He was enjoying the show.

Little Shiv is now 5 months old. He can turn in his tummy in the blink of an eye and start to move by polling his arms and legs. Though he could not crawl speedily but started to crawl a little. Suddenly somebody called Karishma and she left Shiv alone with pillows around him on the sofa. With horror, Mohit watched Shiv turn to his tummy after a few minutes and started to pull and push the pillows surrounding him. Mohit shouted the names of family members but none came.

His wheelchair was at the other corner of the room and the baby was getting nearer to the edge of the sofa. Mohit could not take it and put his feet on the floor finally. When he stood up putting pressure on both his legs he felt pain but he ignored it as he saw Shiv had already successfully pushed and fallen the pillows down from the sofa and was nearing the edge. Mohit took steps with determined willpower to reach Shiv before the little one fell down. After an initial few steps, Mohit adjusted to the pain, and after too few more the the pain was gone. He rushed to the drawing room and picked the little man in his arms.

Little Shiv became happy seeing his uncle and made some noise giving him sloppy kisses. then he heard happy noises from behind and saw Sai and Karishma behind them sitting on a low stool from where they could not be noticed easily. He understood that it was Sai and Karishma's plan to motivate him to walk but he was not happy with it. Till then with Sai's loud cheer all come to the drawing room and depressed their happiness seeing Mohit on his foot with Shiv in his lap.

Later Mohit scolded Sai for taking the risk of leaving Shiv alone on the sofa. All get angry with Sai except Virat. Virat said he knew about the plan and he had full confidence in his wife that she would monitor Shiv and would not allow him to fall down. Later all thanked Sai for her planning.

The family happily spends their time and soon organizes Mohit and Karishma's wedding after the solid eating ceremony of Shivansh. The wedding was the happiest event for the Chavan family as everyone participated with happy minds and the full family enjoyed it without any issues.