Chapter 22 - Eye opening

Mohit left Chavan Nivas and reported office immediately. As per his request his editor assigned him a reporting task in Uttarakhand where he need to attain a 5 day long seminar of scientists and take interviews of those scientists, he was also assigned with interviewing a unwilling scientist Dr. Sahani who stays in a village and contribute a lot towards education and life of people of that village.

He attained the seminar and convinced many scientists to give exclusive interview with their company. But he failed to convince Dr. Sahani. So Mohit and his companion travelled to the village after him and continue pursuing him. Finally one day he agreed to give an exclusive interview for Mohit's company but he had some conditions. Dr. Sahani invied them to stay with him in his place and show his lifestyle along with villagers. He also asked the to feature the village people's poverty and helplessness so that the people get some help from government and outside people.

Mohit was stunned to see the mentality of people of that village. He noticed that maximum family has 5-6 children or more children. They really doesnt care for girl children, they rae not at all provided any kind of education. In case of boy children also only one among them who is either intelligent or strongest is being cared by their family. Others are beginning completely neglected. Only one bo from each family is been send to school, only he gets proper food or whatever thing his family is able to provide. Others are been deprived of education, food, proper cloths, love care everything.

Oneday he has given money to man after seeing the bad and hungry condition of his kids so that he can provide good food to them for a few days. But he saw that the man only provided food and cloths for his youngest son and keep rest of the money for future use but not gave anything to his other kids.

He was shocked when oneday he observed that one rich fat man come and taking 10 young boys with him from that village after handing a handsome amount in their hands. He ran to one of the boy and asked "where are you going with this man?" the sad young boy said "to big towns for job. He comes wice every year and take boys between age 12-15 years." Mohit asked the skinny little boy again "when will you come back?" the boy cried and said "dont know. Whoever gone before among them some came back for few das after years and gone again and few never come back."

The man rushed and took the boys with him in a van. Their parents happil bid them bye. He went to a wom an who was returning her home carrying a little boy in her lap after bidding bye to her eldest son. Mohit asked her "are you not sad that you will not be seen your eldest son for god knows how many days? Will you not miss him" the woman smiled "why would I be sorry or sad he has gone to work and sethji will give us his wage monthly. That will help us to feed other children and run our household properly. We will send our second son also in 2-3 years."

Mohit continued to see the woman in front of him as she has horn in her head or she has come from the mars. He again askd "Will you send all your sons?" the woman made a face as she has heard a scandalous word and said "No no then who will lookafter us and fed us at old age. We will keep one of them here in this village, who will be strongest and intelligent we will keep them and others we will send to towns." he asked again "are you not worried about how and where he will stay and weather he will get food or not?' the woman laugh like the man come from town doesnt know anything and said "Sheth has taken them he will give them place to stay and food otherwise how they will work." after saying all these the woman left the place and Mohit stood there.

He remember standing ther how his Mom and Chotimom calls him everyday to know about his whereabout, how he is doing or what he ate? Those calles were annoying for him till few days back but standing right there he felt that he was lucky to have them. He remember that whenever his father and uncle come from outstation how they brought things for all the children. Might be his brother get more attention and love but he was never neglected by them or deprived of any basic amenities. Their pertiality was never so naked like this. He uttered in a low voice "My family is much beter than that.

He went to the scientists house and asked him "why are you not stopping all these happening here?" the scientist smiled sadly and said "hopefully you understood that these people lives far bellow under poverty line. They may be earling 1000 -2500 rs in a month for the entire family. They are doing all these for extra money. Your giving them money will not change their mentality. This mentality developed in them for generations after generation. They will not listen to me or you also till they get a remidy to earn money here. What you so called town people are doing? What Govt are doing? Stop accusing people and look into matters from depth."

He posed for a moment and said "I am doing whatever I can do. I am researching how to grow crops here with minimum cost and effort, tring to develop small scale industries here so that maximum people can earn here only. I am trying to educate them and gave works to few of them. Nothing more is possible for me now. You have sen the condition here its your duty to let people know the miserable conditio of here to the country."

Mohit decided to cover the stor of this village in their channel. He started to finish his work as soon as possible because the condition of these families reminded him about his own family their care and support. He also felt guilty that he thought negatively about them and behaved rudely with them. He thought "yes they loved Virat more bur they never neglected me. Might Virat get more love, privilege and care but they also care for me. I am okey with it." somebody above the sky might laugh and thought "This village was a eye opener for you but not entirely you need to realize more about your family.

When he was coming back from that trip his car was hit by a rolling stone fallen from landslide and the car fell in the clif of the mountain. When police rescued the car all occupied of the car including driver, Mohit, his colleagues all were seriously injured.