Chapter 8 -Green-eyed monster

Within a month of Virat joining the college as a part-time professor, he has developed a wide range of fan base. Obviously, students are fans of his excellent and out-of-the-box teaching but also because of his well-mentioned body and good looks.

Not only students, but Virat's fan following also contains teacher's assistants and his fellow colleagues.

So in college, it's common for Sai to listen that some girls are discussing

"Offo have you seen Virat Sir today, he is looking smoking hot."

Other one said "he is such an eye candy dear"

One another said "young, handsome, dashing, talented, successful, famous, and rich. He is the most eligible bachelor of this college."

Sai irritatedly made a face listening to all these and went from there.

She was grumpy and in her own mind was telling "he is this, he is that I don't feel like that" few of her friends caught up with her and Karishma asked, "what are you talking about in your mind?"

Sai replied " Wherever I am going, these dumb bimbo girls are always discussing Virat, sir. Isn't there another topic to discuss?" Ankit said "he is a great teacher. Can you people deny that he is the best teacher we have to get yet? We learned a lot from him. And also he is a great businessman he has taken their business to a new height. I would like to work under his mentorship."

Sai said "do you think those good-for-nothing girls talked about all these? They discussed......." she mimicked the conversation she heard with an irritated and raged face. Nisha said "sorry Sai in this I agree with them. He is really handsome." Anushka also said "you are absolutely right. I wait to see him. It's bad that he only comes 3 days a week."

Sai threw the paper she was holding and walked away angrily. She felt angry and irritated that not only college bimbos but her friends also going gaga over the man.

She thought to lift her already spoiled mood by reading a storybook so entered the library and straight went to the storybook section. There she saw a few young female professors were seating and whispering among themselves. She politely greeted them and get busy choosing her book. They stopped after seeing her but when they understood she is searching for a book and it may take the time they again started. She was not interested in their talks till she hear that they are discussing Virat.

Electronics faculty Ishita said "Dean sir has done good work by bringing Virat Chavan into the college, he is so handsome. Polomi said, "yes year if I wasn't married I would have proposed to him."

Another teacher said "Do you know that Hena, a final year student proposed to him and the beautiful computer science faculty Patralekha is also going to propose to him at the stuff picnic tomorrow? She has done some special preparations."

Sai left the library halving and puffing after hearing all this. She whispered to herself "these people come to the college for work or other things, they are our teachers. What kind of work ethics they would teach us? How dare she is going to propose a colleague? And so on."

That day Sai was very restless. When Virat return home she went to meet him alone. Generally, she doesn't do it so Virat was surprised and asked "what can I do for you?" she replied, "Don't go to the staff picnic tomorrow." Virat was stunned generally she doesn't interfere in his matters and asked why. she said, "Patralekha ma'am is going to propose to you there, she has made all arrangements there." Virat said "thanks for the information I will handle it."

She was angry listening to this and said "it means you will go there? Why not you are enjoying all these female attentions, all the female students and young female teachers are going gaga over you, they are proposing to you, and they are mad about you. You like all these right?' Virat was amused by Sai's cute anger and raised his one eyebrow with a smile. Sai's anger increased and she said "obviously you will enjoy you are a one-night stand-like a characterless man who likes bimbo-type girls and  to be in multiple relationships."

This made Virat mad he hold Sai's shoulder and pressed her against a wall. He told "I thought you were changed but no you can never be mature. Stay hell away from me and my matters." and left the house with his car keys.

Sai was shocked that she uttered those words, she knew very well that she was wrong to say those words. She sat down with tears in her eyes after he left the house.

From that night both Virat and Sai maintained a distance and avoid talking with each other.

After a few days, one day the bell rang and when Devi opened the door there was a beautiful girl standing there. She introduced herself as Zoya Faruqi and asked for Virat. When Virat comes there both of them were happy to see each other and hugged tightly. Zoya stayed there for some days and revealed many stories of the time when both of them were staying in Newyork.

Zoya and Virat were so good at understanding each other and were so close that Sai, Devi, and Shivani thought that they were a couple. In these few days, they spend quality time with each other. Sai also witnessed one day Zoya crying keeping her head on Virat's shoulder. Sai felt a stab at her heart. It really felt bad to her. She thought that she come between these two lovers.