『38』Digging the past

Trying to maintain the word limit is always hard for me. This chap crossed 4.5k+ words and I had to reduce it.────°•.☘︎.•°── 

The harrowing frosty wind blew in between the branches of the leafless trees making the entire city shiver. The sound of it knocking fiercely on the window panes of the skyrises was like a grieving wake-up call. Few birds chirped as they flew in the foggy sky in search of food. The sound of the city, blending well with the sound of nature felt as if a part of it. 

Yet amidst this, the incessant ring was like that one person in the choir who always used to sing off-key, ravaging the entire harmony of the group. 

A hand, pale and veiny, filled with tattoos came out from under the black duvet. Thankfully it wasn't a horror movie. 

The hand then extended more towards the side table from where the sound was coming and started tapping on the surface furiously. When the hand came in contact with the metallic device the owner of the hand got up hair flying everywhere. 

His brain was not functioning properly and he felt like his eyelids were glued together. 

 "Who the fuck calls at this early!" by early he meant 4 in the afternoon. 

Jungkook had just came back from the states few hours ago and because of the time difference when he landed in Seoul it was already morning. The problem was that in New York when he got into the flight it was also noon so he didn't get the chance to sleep. 

So the first thing he did after entering his apartment was fall onto his fluffy bed and sleep like a dead.  

"Hello!" without looking at the caller ID he slid the green button. 

"Wake up you absolute fucking piece of an idiot." 

and by the words, it could be guessed. 

"What the hell do you want now hyung?" Jungkook groggily asked.

"Oh God! What will I do with this boy?" Jimin sounded more depleted than usual, his tone devoid of the usual calm aura. Jungkook was about to ask something but his next words made him shut up. 

"Uncle is visiting your apartment." Silence took over the entire call as soon as Jimin dropped his words. 

Jungkook's eyes were now wide open, as he sat up straight on the bed. He must have heard wrong, right?

"Wha- who is coming?" 

"Uncle. Your dad Jungkook. He is already on his way." the elder said from the other side and Jungkook felt like the floor below slipped under his feet.

But he quickly got down from the bed, not even bothering with his sleepers. 

"Hyung are you serious?"

"He came in the office today and after seeing that you are not here he rushed outside in anger. So it's not hard to guess where he is going." the elder said restlessly. 

"Hyung I will talk to you later." Jungkook knew better than anyone what would happen once the doorbell of his apartment rang. So he was preparing himself for the terrific word bullets, that would pierce his heart soon. 

"Jungkook," Jimin called "please don't be an idiot and behave properly. You know how Mr. Jeon is." 

Jungkook didn't reply and on queue, the doorbell rang. 

"Good morning son. Have you had a good sleep?" the sarcastic voice echoed through the living room, the cold ambiance getting more frigid.

Jungkook turned around slowly taking a long breathe in and there stood his father.