Chapter 22: Caleb and 2nd auditions

Zayn's POV

"Woah woah woah guys. I just remembered something" Harry says stopping my train of thought. "What?" I ask turning my torso half way towards the curly haired doofus. "Who is Caleb? You never told us." He is motioning towards Rebekah, Sophy, and Kallie. "Oh yeah. You wanna tell him, Bekah? He is your man" Sophy says holding her arms out towards Harry. "Caleb is Kallie's ex-boyfriend. Well actually he went missing and was never found so he was pronounced dead 2 months later" Rebekah tells us. "He bought marijuana from Jake and went missing before he could pay him back. He was on his way home from school after he texted me for Kallie's surprise birthday party. She was turning 17 while he was 19."

"What happened to him?" I ask feeling stupid.  "We don't know Zayn. He just vanished. Kind of like all the food in my fridge. Niall. We got over it and caught up with our work at school but he was in all of our hearts. He still is, in fact" Kallie explains. "We need to get ready we audition in like 1/2 an hour" Sophy states, fidgeting with the lock on her backpack. "Why did you bring that?" Louis asks her motioning to the backpack. "It has my magical stuff in it." Louis leans into the circle we have unnoticably formed and says "Women. Never trust something that bleeds for a whole week without dying."

Rebekah's POV

Kallie, Sophy, and I walk into our dressing room. By the time I get dressed, Sophy has practically dumped everything out of her dresser. "Er Sophy? What'r ya doin'?" I ask shuffling scarcely closer to her. She literally starts balling her eyes out and whimpers "I-I Can't f-find my p-purple p-plaid shirrrt." "Oh, no need to cry 'cuz there it is." It's hidden inside a green jacket on top of the couch. Once she sees it she starts laughing uncontrollably. "What's wrong with you?" Kallie asks pulling her shirt over her head. Sophy decides to go all sign languagie and, with her fingers, spells out P...M ...S. "So that's what's in your backpack" I ask rubbing her head with the palm of my hand.

"Louis was right, without even knowing" Sophy laughs and stands up drying her eyes with the backs of her hands. "Well get ready emotional wreckster" I say throwing the shirt at her. She smiles and puts it on along with a pair of black daisy dukes and combat boots.

"Should I wear a ribbon in my hair or not?" Kallie asks as she pulls on a pair of red skinny jeans and green converse.  "I don't care but we need to hurry. We're next. By the way, are you sure you're gonna wear that shirt with those jeans?" I ask throwing on a pair of black boots. "Wow. One week on  X-Factor and look how you've changed. I'm ashamed." Sophy shakes her head and shucks her hair into a waterfall braid/ self curled style.

"10 minutes girls." The familiar voice of Henrietta, our personal assistance said through the door. "Ready?" Sophy's face is flush white with the slightest amount of rose coloring in her cheeks thanks to a dash of makeup. "It's okay, chic" I reassured her. "I know you were scared the first time and you still are. Hell, I am too. But we're here with you this time. And every time after that."

Kallie jutted in right there saying "Yeah. We're yoour best friends. Wait. Do we even know what song we're singing?" She's got a point. I don't know what song we're singing either. "It's a surprise. Since Marcus and Terra are both Mexicanese or what-ever-the-hell-they-are. I have a special song for them."

Me and Kallie both raise a questioning eyebrow and hear, yet again, Miss Henrietta Von Smith say "5 minutes girls." She has a weird name but she's really cool when you get to know her. We walk out of the dressing room and are about to walk out on stage when I realized my lucky bracelet that Harry gave to me wasn't around my wrist. "Hold on I forgot my bracelet. I'll be back in like 25 seconds." I hurry back to the dressing room and hurl stuff across the room trying to find it. All of a sudden a bright light flashes in front of my eyes and a body slams against mine. Not trying to hurt me, but to hug me. What?