Chapter 23: Final performance on X-Factor

Sophy's POV

If today wasn't our last performance on X-Factor, I might not be shaking as bad. Maybe a good jog would do me good. Louis should be home in about fifteen minutes. He went somewhere. He didn't say but he did tell me he would be back soon. I really don't know what soon meant but I was geussing about a quarter after twelve. I went to my room to change into correct jogging attire when my phone chirped. It's a message from Louis.

Hey Luv I'll be home in ten. I love you

I text him back.

Heyy. I was just going for a jog. I love you too.

I was going to say 'I love you more' but then I would be texting instead of getting changed. Hmm. What to wear. What to... AHAH. I found it. It's wonderful. It's the bright green track shirt I bought on our trip to Australia. It's long-sleeved too, which is good since it's the end of september. I pull myself into a pair of black stretchy pants that feel almost silk and walk to Kallie's room to tell her where I'm going. "Hey Kal I'm going for a jog to clear my head. Just thought I'd- woah woah what's that?" There is a fat sky blue ring on her left hand. "Niall gave it to me when we were camping. It's a promise ring."

Her smile wasn't misleading so I knew she was telling the truth. That's my cue to go. I start walking out the door and break into a short jog. I plug my earbuds into my ear and listen to Made In America by Toby Keith. About twenty minutes into the jog and my forehead has several beads of sweat on it. Crap. My IPod died. Maybe.... No my phone's dead too. There's a water fountain just up ahead about a half mile. But it's not worth it. The water there always taste like apple juice a kid left out in the sun for too long.

"Hey sweet thang need a lift." I know that voice. The hottest guy I ever met at SeaView High. That is, hottest guy up until Louis. "Andrew Bradson. Wow. Haven't seen you since high school. How'r you doin'?" I ask wrapping my earbuds around my IPod. He's in a really nice truck. My favorite truck in fact. A 2012 Chevy Silverado Blue Granite Metallic with Chrome wheels and an Eagle as a hood ornament. "Good. I saw you on TV the other day. So you're a singer. Not really what I pictured you as." I put my hands on my hips. "And what might you have pictured me as, Andrew?" He didn't take much hesitation before speaking. "The hand in mine as we walked down the aisle to be crowned Prom King and Queen."

"Yeah. That'd be nice. If I didn't have a boyfriend." He scowls and says "Who?!" I drop my left hand and shove my IPod in my back pocket. "Louis Tomlinson. From One Direction." "Pssh. Whatever. Call me when you wanna ride with a real man." And with that he drives away. The nerve. Shame. I turn around and decide to sprint home. It's only six miles after all. Caleb was really mad the other day. Bekah kicked him out for what seemed like hours. But her heart is too soft, so he only got locked out for about ten minutes.

"Hey baby." I know that voice. "LOUIS!!" I fling my arms into the window of my jeep that he's driving. "You didn't miss me did you?" I kiss him on the cheek and nod. "Good. Because I'm taking you somewhere. I know you're still a bit freaked out about your last performance on X-Factor, so I got us reservations to a special place." I am probably blushing like a mad man over here so I kiss him on the cheek again and say "Louis you really are the best."

I hop in and he drives down Hawkens lane. Where is he going? The only fun place on this road is... Oh what was it? What did the big neon green sign say? Sir Walter Mitchell's Absolutely Fun-Time.... "Laser Tag? No way." He pulls into a parking spot and we walk in. We're the only ones here so we have all the room in the world. Or at least as much as this building will allow.

~~~

I'm flat out tired now. I've ran about 10 miles before hand. But I just ran about 3 more getting away from Louis with his super sexy red laser gun. I checked around me for any signs of him and put my weapon on the bench next to me. I yank my shirt over my head leaving me in my black cami. I wrap it around my waist and reach for the laser gun but it wasn't there. SHIT! WHY?! He's around here somewhere though. I crouch low thanking my dark cami for being so... well.. dark. Moving around the corner of one of the many blocks, I notice the distinct glow of my laser gun. It's accompanied with another glow though. Louis's laser gun. I sneak my way over to him and slip my back up laser pistol out of my shoe and shoot the tinted laser necklace latched around his neck.