know me better

"You're going to be just fine Chaerin," Misuk encouraged as I refused to get out of her car.

"No it's not. I need you as my manager, not some person I've barely gotten to know," I sighed.

"I have my own job, girl. You're going to be a busy bee with crazy hours that I could not keep up with even if I tried. But you know I'm always supporting you. You, the newly signed, lead actress on a star-studded drama, best friend of mine," she said.

I took a deep breath, "I know. I just...it's my first day. And today we're filming on the set where a good portion of the scenes take place. All the stars are going to be there. And then there's little me."

"And yet they aren't the lead of this drama. You are."

I am. Inhale and exhale. I am the lead of this show. They wanted me. And I deserve this. I worked hard for this. I am made for this.

"Have a good day Chaerin. You'll do great," Misuk smiled warmly.

"Thanks," I returned the smile.

"And if you see Kim Yeseul, please get her autograph or something. Or maybe don't. I might die. But it's Kim Yeseul. Ahh, just tell me all about her," Misuk fawned.

I chuckled, "Will do. Bye Misuk."

The cool morning air hit me with a rush, complimenting the hustle and bustle of all the crew members tirelessly running back and forth as they prepared the set, props, and actors. I took it all in, watching in marveled amusement. I could've only ever dreamed to look upon a set in this new light. Before, I barely had time to even register what it looked like. I was there and gone usually. But not this time. I had time to take it time. Months even. To take in this set. My set. Where I could bring Iseul to life.

I clutched the bag of manuscripts closer to me as I stared in wonder, totally dazed by the hypnotic sight of what was to become my life.

"Miss Moon?" A voice called, pulling me from my daze.

Jimin was standing over me with a kind yet weary expression.

"Good morning, Miss Moon. It's nice to see you bright and early," he smiled.

"Ah, good morning Director Park," I bowed deeply.

He chuckled, "While I do finally getting the respect I deserve, you don't have to be so formal. This is one of the more casual sets you're on. We all know each other closely. Feel free to call me Jimin."

"Oh I couldn't possibly," I shook my head.

"Oh come on, Chaerin. Jimin here doesn't mind it. Believe me, if you're too formal, you'll end up wanting to quit by the end of the day," a friendly voice chimed in.

I felt my body brighten at the sight and sound of him.

"Hoseok," his name escaped my lips in a cheery tone.

"Hey you," he gave me a warm side-hug, encapsulating me into his side. "How does it feel? First day of many on a big set."

"It feels...really good," I admitted.

"Get used to it," he grinned, "I have to go finish up my hair and makeup, but I'll see you out there."

"Come, Chaerin. I'll show you to your trailer," Jimin said, motioning for me to follow him.

My trailer? I get my very own trailer. Pinch me.

It even had my name embroidered on a fancy gold plaque that was centered right in the middle of the door.

"The stylists will be here shortly to get you sorted. The first scene we're filming is the first time Siwoo comes to see Iseul after work. See you soon, Chaerin," Jimin informed.