your point of view

The best way to let someone know you really like them? Big expensive gifts of course.

Everything I had read and heard was telling me that in new relationships, the best thing to show devotion was to give them a lot of valuable gifts so that the other person knows you're serious enough about them to spend money on that kind of stuff.

It did sound a little odd to me but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. The internet knew best, right?

Wrong. Completely and utterly wrong is what I found out when Chaerin dragged me back to her trailer and questioned why I was going it.

She explained in detail her view on expensive gifts and how they made her feel, and I guess for her point of view I could see where she was coming from.

I was coming on too strong and she felt like I was trying to buy her affection. She also felt bad because she felt like it was unfair that she couldn't reciprocate it. Of course, I didn't care if she could give it back. I wanted to give her the world. Just being able to be with her was gift enough for me.

Still, I wanted to learn about what she liked and didn't like and I wanted to make her comfortable. That's what a relationship was all about. And the fact that she was so open to communicate with me was sign enough that we would have a healthier relationship built on understanding, and I couldn't have asked for more.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

I gave her hand a tight squeeze, feeling just as anxious as she was to see that article. I could feel her tension just from giving her shoulders a quick massage.

There was nothing more nerve-wracking then being announced to the public. When your whole image is on the line at the hands of people with their own personal opinions, it makes for a highly stressful time.

I wish she could've seen herself the way the rest of us did. I wish she didn't have to measure herself against the desires of others when all she needed was to believe in her own capability. But I understood where she came from, and was willing to support her through it all.

The moment of truth began as soon as Donghwa called it out. Her hand shakily moved towards the button, and like a magnet, the rest of us came forward to read over her shoulder.

Her hand flew to her mouth as she read over the article. We all cheered her on as she got the acknowledgment she deserved.

"I told you all those years ago that I was certain I'd see you living your best life soon enough. Well here we are, Chae. You did it. All on your own. You worked your butt off and look where it got you," I mused.

Seeing the relief and pride in her face was a feeling I couldn't describe. It was well worth it, knowing that she could finally accept the fruits of her labor and so could the rest of the public.

This was the start of her success story, and I was honored to even be apart of it.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

When Yeseul came rushing in at us, the last thing I think anyone expected was her roping us into a double date with Chaerin's friend. The two of us were enjoying some alone time together to run through our next scene, but she insisted that we come with her.

A date out in public might be nice. I knew Chaerin wasn't entirely keen on the idea, but at least it could warm her up to us going out in public.