stray too far away

"You look like you're about to jump out of the car," Donghwa sighed.

"Because I am. I'm so anxious but I've also never been more excited in my life for something," I admitted.

He chuckled, "I guess I'll allow it since it's your first time. But the driver is just trying to pull in, so for the sake of your image, please don't jump out and make a fool out of yourself."

I playfully relented, waiting until the car had made a full stop. I had to do this right. Donghwa had to get out first and open the door for me so that I could get out all-princess like. Which was very fitting considering the notion of the show.

He held my hand to help me get out, making sure that no one was around to try and hurt me or get in my way.

I looked around for a moment. An entire road had been blocked off for this event. For our arrival. The crowd of people that would've been here waiting for the event to start were already inside which left us with a beautiful setting sun and a line of reporters to give short interviews to.

There were people outside the metal fence gates cheering and chanting about Hoseok, Yeseul, and Taehyung.

"Come this way. Everyone else is already here," Donghwa said.

I turned away a little dejectedly before I heard a rather loud voice, "MOON CHAERIN. WHEN YOU SMILE I AM ALSO HAPPY!"

That was followed by a rampage of cheers. I looked up to see signs and posters made by people with me on it. Pictures from some of the various things I've been on or my introduction photoshoot that I had done for the movie. They all had various slogans about how they were supporting me and wishing me all the best for my first show.

"We love Moon Chaerin!" A group of people chanted.

My heart was suddenly overwhelmed with an immense feeling of love and gratitude for these people that had gone out of their way to support me with their own handmade things. I knew Donghwa was in a rush, but I couldn't just ignore them.

I turned to them with a bright smile, trying to give them all a wave and some big hearts as thanks for their support.

"Come on, Chaerin. There will be time to bask in your glory later," he said, gently pulling me along.

He brought me to the entrance of the venue where a nice purple carpet had been rolled out for us, in theme with the aesthetic of the show and the title OST.

That was where Hoseok, Yeseul, Taehyung, and their respective managers were waiting as well as Jungkook and Jimin.

"Ah! There's the woman of the hour!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"Ahh! Chaerin, you look stunning!" Yeseul shrieked, launching herself onto me with a big hug.

"Oh my goodness! Thank you, you look absolutely gorgeous as well," I exclaimed, feeling my ribs getting crushed from her powerful hug.

The others wrapped me in quick hugs before I turned to my one and only man. He had a hungry look in his eyes as he pulled me in for a tight hug.

"I'm proud of you. You really did it. You got here all on your own and now they're out there screaming for you," he whispered.

I smiled, resting my head on his chest as the managers gave us the play-by-play of what to do.

We were going to split up into two groups with the four actors going as one and the directors going as another and going to each interview station to do a short, no longer than a minute interview. Then we had a big photoshoot together on the carpet in front of the big sign of our faces for fans and photographers alike to take pictures of. And then we'd have to head inside and do another short introduction sketch before we could actually get to the movie. But it was all worth it. And I was ready to do it all.