your point of view

The second we met on that fateful day three years ago was the second our destinies intersected in the stars.

She was fresh meat that everyone felt able to walk over and devour without a trace. She was Extra 13. That's all the credit she was given for sticking it through that role.

That director was a total jerk, and everyone in the industry knew it. He loved to pick on anyone and everyone who didn't have status to deter them from becoming something greater than him.

Perhaps she was overacting as an extra, but it was hard to blame her when she was given absolutely zero direction at all about what she needed to do. They just threw her there and said act in the background.

"You're an ordinary, insignificant person," the director told her.

I felt a fiery fury upon hearing those disgusting words leave his lips. And I saw her soul shatter right before my very eyes before she ran out of the set.

"Ugh why is everyone so dramatic these days! Take five and find me a better extra please! Someone off the street could do better!" He spat.

Everyone awkwardly looked around before dispersing for a short break.

I marched up to the director, "Hey, you."

"Now who's speaking to me so disrespectfully," he huffed. But when his eyes landed on me, he went back to be fake and giving me a patient smile. "Ah Hoseok, what can I do for you son?"

"You can start by learning some manners. No one likes an old man who can't treat his employees with respect," I hissed.

"O-old man?" He squeaked.

"These people are trying their best, but it's pretty difficult when you give them no expectation aside from your own personal satisfaction. Actors have to get their start somewhere. And if you want to have new, fresh talent, you ought to start encouraging actors who are trying their hardest to make it in this cruel field. And I can't say I really want to ever work with a director who lacks basic respect ever again," I spat, storming off of the set to go find that extra.

I ran around the entire studio lot, trying to see if she had gone somewhere quiet to collect herself, but instead, I found her sitting at the curb outside of the studio, with her head buried in her hands.

I approached her, hoping to cheer her up and give her some encouragement which she clearly lacked.

When she finally smiled, it felt like Cupid's arrow being shot at my heart. Her smile was pretty. She was pretty.

"Moon Chaerin," she introduced.

I already knew her name, but it coming from her lips made it feel all the more special. Is this what love at first sight feels like?

That name would be ingrained in my brain for three years, until I finally got to see her again.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

I never thought I would run into her again like this. At least not on these terms.

"Why didn't anyone tell me that Moon Chaerin was going to be my partner for this scene?" I asked my manager.

"Uh...were we supposed to? Do you even know her?" He asked.

"Something like that."

She came back to the lot in her costume and makeup. It was magical to see how she had evolved since our last live encounter. I had watched every single one of her roles, regardless of whether she had ten lines or zero. And to see her grow to this moment was something special that only I was truly privy to.