trust me

__________________________________

My car pulled into my driveway finally after a long and arduous day of work. I had to work overtime to work on a new study of molecular structure in order to submit my research by the deadline to a secondary team.

I rolled my neck out once, releasing all my pent of exhaustion with a ferocious yawn.

I slowly got out of the car, taking in the late night scenery.

"I should call Siwoo when I get back," I said to myself as I locked up my car.

"Ha! Siwoo this and Siwoo that! You really are his little puppy dog, aren't you?" A spiteful voice hissed out.

I froze, my body going rigid at that familiar tone of voice.

My grip on my keys tightened as I slowly turned around to face the last person I wanted to see at the moment.

Ha-min.

He leaned coolly against a wall but from how he looked, it was evident that he was drunk.

"You look pathetic, Ha-min. You ought to save some face and get loss permanently. At least the image of you in my mind for a while was a manipulative person with power. But seeing you now, you're truly just weak, powerless, and sad. And that's the image of you forever burned into my head now," I spat.

He laughed and laughed and laughed.

"You're too funny, Iseul. He must've helped you develop a sense of humor. If I'm so powerless, then why are holding those keys like you're ready to attack me. You fear me. Hahaha."

"You're drunk. Why don't you get lost and go sober up so you can at least talk without embarrassing yourself?" I huffed.

"I'm perfectly fine," he deadpanned.

I scoffed, "Whatever you say. I don't feel the need to keep talking to you so get off my private property before I call the cops."

I turned away, confident he wouldn't do anything stupid. He's a gutless weasel who only wants to feign power.

But not even half a second later, I heard some extremely hurried footsteps and then felt him reach out and grab my wrist tightly spinning me back to look at him.

"You have to look at me when you're talking to me! I'm not done with you! We're not done!" He yelled in drunken derangement.

I tried to pry my hand away, "Get off of me! We are done! We've been done! Since the moment you decided that I was too boring for you. An adventure already conquered. You thrive off of getting the things you can't have because it makes you feel worthy. And that's a miserable life to lead because in the end, no one will trust you. I have no interest in being near you ever again and dealing with your tantrums all over again."

"You were always mine. We promised-"

"You said it yourself. 'Were.' I was yours. But now, I belong to myself. And I'm in a mutual respected relationship."

"You always told me I never had to worry about him. You said he was just an old friend. You betrayed me," his voice came out completely detached.

"The difference is that I did it to you long after we were done. You did it to me during. So don't lecture me about betrayal. Because I honestly did like you Ha-min. But not anymore," I said. "We're through."