waiting

The post-work funk was really getting to me by this point.

It had been my third day out of shooting and I was slowly starting to lose my mind. Today was hopefully going to be a little better because I actually had to go into the company to look through some potential roles for me for the near future. But besides that, I'd been sitting at home doing nothing. I didn't even have my other job to keep me occupied. Not to mention that Hoseok and Yeseul were already busy with other projects that they couldn't pull away from. And Misuk was at work.

I rolled out of bed, almost falling completely off, trying to hold a different mindset. There were things that I could do.

I looked around my apartment with a grimace, noticing the absolute disaster of a state it was in. Like a tornado had blown through and absolutely wrecked it.

My manuscripts for all the episodes were strewn everywhere and old takeout boxes lined the wall.

I think a bit of my soul died a little. But I put on a resolute face, "Alrighty, I can do this. I'll get every corner to shine."

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

Now the question to end all questions, do I become a crazy hoarder who can't let go of things or shred these manuscripts which have become ingrained in my heart.

The answer was pretty obvious. I grabbed out a big enough box that could fit all the manuscripts in them. I squished them all in, trying to push them as far forward as possible in order to maintain space. Let's be honest, there was no way that I'd ever get rid of any of my manuscripts ever.

I looked at them wistfully, feeling hesitant to file the box away for good. If I did, then I'd really be letting go of my first real drama.

I sighed deeply before putting the lid on the box and shoving it in my closet of wonder where most things go to get buried and hidden away.

Fair well, The Boyfriend Application. Thank you for being a magical first experience at the real life of an actress.

With that, I had completely fixed up my entire apartment, making it look spick and span, probably even better than when I first got it.

And right on time too because it was about that time that I needed to head over to the company to do the little bit of work I had.

I changed into a more professional outfit before heading out so I could catch the right train to make it to the company.

A short ride later, I was brought right to where the agency was. I smiled and greeted other signed artists as I headed up to Donghwa's office. Although I was really hoping by some stroke of fate, I'd be able to run into Hoseok or Yeseul. I knew seeing Jimin and Jungkook would be virtually impossible since they were monitoring the editing of the episodes.

I knocked on Donghwa's office door before entering. He was buried deep in papers and emails.

He barely glanced up at me through his work, but gave me a small smile in acknowledgment.

"Hey. Thanks for coming," he said.

"Of course. It's work," I smiled.

"But it's fun work," he grinned.

"It will be when I get to see what new roles I can take on," I said, observing the scripts he had with him.

"So you just did a more slice-of-life wholesome type drama series. You can continue on that kind of trend, there's a few options for that or you can go on a more action, thriller type show," he said.

I glanced over the two scripts.

The more wholesome family style rom-com was called '4 + Us.' I was being offered a supporting role as the main characters secretary, Park Yerim, who was also her greatest confidant. The plot was about a highly professional and no-nonsense business woman, Kwon Jinhee, who was highly dedicated to her work and her company. She was tasked with watching her two nieces and two nephews while her sister, brother-in-law, and parents went on a weekend getaway. In a horrific twist of events, her entire family ends up passing in a gruesome car accident. As a result, Jinhee is the only one who can be the kids' legal guardian. Despite her desire not to have kids, she has to take on the challenge so the kids can have some semblance of normality as everyone tries to pick up the broken pieces of their life.

"This one has a lot of emotional attachment to it. I like that it's pretty mature and that the romance of the leads is a little more on back burner. The sisterhood of the main character and my character is also pretty beautiful since I'm an experienced mother and can help her out. It's still in the same genre as this one but I like that the maturity is a bit more," I explained.

"Excellent. Now look at the other one," he said.

The other script was the action packed one, called 'To Make A Choice.' I was being offered the female lead, Kim Eun Tak who was the love interest of the main character, Song Donghae. He's a private detective in search of a serial kidnapper who has taken over twenty women. Through several twists and turns, the detective manages to get closer to the truth but he soon realizes that the life of his love is in danger as well and he has to grapple with how to save her and how to finish the case.

"Hmm...this one is cool. I've always wanted to be in an action show. I like head strong women which she seems to be but I just don't feel like there's a lot of potential for my character. I think I'd like to wait on the transition of genres," I said.

"Fair enough. So you want to do the '4 + Us?'" Donghwa confirmed.

I nodded, "I would love to."

"Excellent. Now there is something else I want to tell you. Aside from those, you've gotten a couple of offers to do some commercials which are always good ways to get some exposure. I know the waiting game is a bit frustrating, but you'll begin to get more photo shoots and ads which will end up doubling on filming and then you'll be busier than anything," he said, sensing my boredom.

I smiled gratefully. He was right. There were so many amazing opportunities coming my way already and I just had to wait a little longer.