not leaving

I pulled Hoseok into my trailer, quickly shutting the door behind us.

He looked at me with an innocent and confused pout, "What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. All day. I woke to a big floral arrangement that I could barely get into my apartment. And then I come here to a coffee truck with my face on every single cup and a big basket of pastries," I said, motioning to the basket. "Then you surprise me at my shoot, which as much as I adore that, you went ahead and just called me love in front of everyone and kissed my forehead. If they didn't know before about us, they certainly do now."

"Is there something wrong with that? Are you allergic to flowers? Did I not get the pastries right? Did someone say something to you about us?" He rambled.

Oh my sweet clueless love.

I held his hands and sat him down, "Look, I really appreciate that you did all those things for me. I don't think I have ever been pampered that way, and it was very sweet and very cute."

"But..."

"But we just started dating. We're still working on this show together, and we're still from two completely different worlds. I'm not used to lavish floral arrangements or big coffee trucks," I said.

He frowned, "I'm just trying to show my love for you. I told you that you deserve the world."

I smiled, cupping his face in my hands, "I don't need the world when I have you. I really do love the flowers and the pastries were pretty good. I have to try not to eat them all right now. But I don't need all of these big things to know you like me. The love and support you gave me up until now spoke volumes. Being able to spend time with you speaks volumes. Being able to hold you and kiss you, away from a bunch of other people, speaks volumes. My love language is physical touch. It's communication. It's us time. I don't need expensive gifts to know how you feel."

He pouted, "Oh, I'm sorry."

"Ahh, don't do that. You'll make my heart hurt," I whined.

He pulled me closer to him, wrapping me in a big, fluffy hug.

"Is this more your style?" He hummed, gently patting my hair.

"Very much so," I hummed into his chest.

"I'm sorry, love. I was just so excited to be more open about what I felt that I went overboard. I didn't mean to love bomb you. This means a lot more to me than that," he mused.

"I know it does. And I know you only did this out of the goodness of your heart. But for future reference, an extra hour of sleep means so much more to me than flowers," I giggled, earning a cute chortle out of him too.

He sighed, resting his forehead against mine, "I hope I've not scared you off."

"Aw come on, have a little more faith in me. It takes a lot more than that to scare me off," I joked.

He smiled, nuzzling his nose against my cheek. I bit my lip as he peppered the side of my face with tender and ticklish butterfly kisses.

Call it the honeymoon phase or whatever you wanted, but this was the type of thing I loved. Open communication, honest change, and silly little actions of love and affection.

"So I assume I should cancel the boutique dress I bought you," he sheepishly smiled.

My jaw dropped, "You're kidding."

"I don't kid about gifts for my woman," he winked.

"Hmm...you could let it go through. But! Keep gifts to a minimum and to a budget," I said cheekily.