touch my soul

_______________________________
"Ah beautiful Achasan," I mused, skipping merrily around the peak, looking for untouched plant life I could take a small sample of for my work.

Siwoo huffed behind me with his hands on his knees.

I turned to him with an amused grin, "Oh no...I didn't realize this would be too much for you. I know the air is pretty thin and it's a dense hike. I just thought if you were going all out on the dates then I should too. I'm a really big morning person and I just love being active."

He scoffed, "Spare me. I'm not an idiot. If you think a little hike is going to make me stay away, then you've got another thing coming."

My smile fell, replaced by an annoyed grin, "You just won't quit."

I took a big breath, taking in the pristine morning air. The coolness was perfect against my nose, filling it with a vast array of fresh aromas.

All the while, the sunrise painted the sky in beautiful colors, mixing warm and cool tones into the perfect wake-up call.

I glanced back at Siwoo who was dejectedly pacing around on his own, clearly trying to give me space.

I sighed, shaking my head defeatedly. "You're not going to watch the sunrise with me?"

He perked up a little, a smile quickly playing on his lips before he replaced it by a cool expression. "Uh sure, if you want me to."

He stood beside me, his shoulder brushed right up against mine.

"I like to come to places like this. High places," I said. "I get to see things like untouched blades of grass and freshly pollenated flowers. I get to see the sky in a fresh coat of paint. And most importantly, I get to see the big city. And I can see each individual person mashed in a clump with thousands of other people. It feels nice to know that my bad days and misfortunes that seem so big to me are really small in the grand scheme of things. I don't like to discredit what I go through or what others go through. But at least this way, I can feel a sense of hope. That my place in this big world is positive. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to see all these wonderful things."

He didn't say anything for a long while. There was a serene silence between us. I knew he understood.

Wordlessly, he took my hand in his. I sighed, wanting to recoil, but he held it firmly. Our eyes met silently, thousands of words being conveyed by just one touch.

He winked, "I'll protect your hope, love."

My lips parted for a moment, my heart finally cracking under the weight of his affection.
_______________________________

"Cut!"

"Phew!" I exhaled, caving in from the high altitude.

"I think that's the final time we need that shot, don't you?" Jimin said to Jungkook.

"I agree. Good work, you two," he said shortly.

We both bowed slightly, watching as he silently trekked back down the hill without another word. Jimin sighed, running after him and having the crew shortly follow.

"Are you alright, Chaerin?" My manager asked.

"Huh? Oh, yes! I'm fine, really. Just a little altitude sickness," I said quickly.

"You don't have anymore shoots until the evening. Should I drive you home?" He asked.

I shook my head, "Oh no, I'm alright! Thank you though, Donghwa.