Chapter 4 - Maybe Lola and I aren't so different

I kept my face blank, pretending that I didn't know who he was. It was quite obvious that he reconised me, but I wasn't going to let him think anything of it. He looks quite stupid actually. He was wearing a batman shirt and black jeans, his hair was ruffled perfectly and his glasses sat on the bridge of his no- Okay, maybe he looked hot.

"Who's this?" Stella asked, walking to the kitchen. She smiled at Ashton and shook his hand. 

"I'm Ashton. I was just about to look at your dogs" He smiles "My band and I have been looking for a dog to have" He explains. I almost groan, but thought better of it... It probably wouldn't be good to seem annoyed with him, if i was pretending not to know who he was

Why do they even want a dog? It's an animal, not a trophy. They're going to be touring soon, what are they going to do with the dog then?

Tonka being the most out going, ran up to him and started jumping at his feet. Damn. He better not pick it up or i wi-

"Aw who's this one?' He asks, grinning at the puppy in his arms. He did not just pick up my Tonka. "He's beautiful" 

"That's Tonka" Jordan speaks up, walking over to Ashton. She started patting him and kissing his nose, like they actually had a bond. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Last night I saw her kick Mister out of the way. She really is a whore, isn't she? She's really trying to get to Ashton by loving a dog, she doesn't really love? What a bitch. 

"How much is he?' Ashton asks. Ha, no. This  isn't happening. I will not allow him to take Tonka.

"He's not for sale" I speak up quickly "He's mine" I tell him, walking forward and taking the dog. Stellas eyebrows raise, and Jason smirks. 

"Oh" Ashton frowned "Okay" He smiled at me "You seemreally familiar" he tells me with a knowing smile "Do i know you from somewh-" 

"No you don't" I say quickly "I have to go for a walk and um..Play" I cough awkwardly. Play? Really Grace? I didn't stay around for anyone to protest. I picked Tonka up, and Lucy's lead, then walked out the door quickly. I couldn't be in that house any longer. It was like the walls were closing in on me, suffercating me into a small space. I couldn't take it anymore. 

I started walking down the street, but someone tugged on my shoulder, forcing me to stop. I turned around only to be faced with the same green eyes I met a year ago. He was panting, like he had run extra fast to get to me.

"What?" I ask him, turning around and walking away again. I didn't want to see him anymore. It was hurting just being in the same city as him, let alone being less than a metre from him.

"It's Grace right? Grace Jones?" he asks, running up and tugging my shoulder again. I groan and turn around. Tonka tried walking away, but i pulled him to stop. He sat and started scratching his ear. 

"No" I say simply. He smirks and pulls out his phone

"You sure?" he asks showing me the photo of us two he took at the concert. he still had that photo? So he remembers me, but he decided to stop texting? What a jerk!

"What do you want?" I glare at the blonde boy. I couldn't believe he decided to try and talk to me after just stop texting like that. I would of thought he lost my number, or forgot about me! 

He frowns when he sees the hate in my eyes "To see if you're okay" He mumbles, looking into my blue eyes. They were full of sorrow and guilt, like he was actually sad, that he stopped. It made me eve more angrier. He broke our promise. 

"I'm fine. Now stop following me!" I growl, turning around and storming off. He broke our promise. He told me that he will always be there to help. Why did he stop? he doesn't care. he never did. He was just thirsty for more fans. the whole I-better-be-nice-to-our-fans-or-i-wont-get-rich-and-famous act.

Heavy drops of rain started falling from the sky and I sighed. I can't do this. I thought it would be easy ignoring him. Sydney is a big city, i didn't even expect to see him around. But here he is, standing in the rain watching me storm away. I could feel his eyes burning into the back of my head.

I quickly walked the block, and found my way back to the house, then walked in to find Ashton gone. That's a relief. Jason was  sitting on the couch watching some sort of AFL game, stella was ironing her clothes and Jordan was sitting at the table painting her nails

"Glad to see you're back" Stella smirks. i chuckle nervously, playing with my fingers. How do i explain to them that I have a past with ashton, without telling them? exactly. it's impossible

"Sorry about the dog thing, i just didn't want him to have Tonka" I explain awkwardly. 

"Do you know who that was?" Jordan asks, glaring at me "That was Ashton Irwin! I could have been the girl who sold him a dog! But no, you ruined it" She grumbled, painting her big toe in a bright pink. 

So 5SOS have gotten bigger in the last year? Good for them. 

"I know who he is" I mutter "We kind of have a past, Um i'm just gonna go up to my room" I mumble, putting the lead Tonka had on earlier onto the bench, before running up the stairs. I walked into my room and jumped onto my bed. I grabbed my laptop and started it up, making sure it was plugged in. I forgot to put it on charge last night.

Why did he have to come back into my life? I was perfectly okay with him out of my life. i don't need him. He wasn't supposed to want a dog, and he especially wasn't supposed to reconise me. That makes me even more mad. So he remembers me, which means he chose to stop texting.

My thinking was interupted when Jordan walked in and sat on my bed. I gave her a wtf look, but she just smiled at me. I guess theres a first for everything. 

"Um.." I mumble "Yes?"

"You know, Lola Smith isn't a good person to hang around" She tells me casually, picking up Harriet and looking at it with such disgust. Okay, so the monkey was old and dirty but she didn't need to do that. 

"She seems alright to me" I shrug, typing in tumblr. It was like my get away blog. It was full of depressing and emotional crap, but that didn't matter. It helped me express my feelings, knowing i wasn't the only one on this planet feeling like this. 

"You should hang around me and my friends" she smiles "We're better than Lola" She informs me. I chuckle and cross my legs 

"Jordan not to be blunt but you've hated me since I got here..Why the sudden change?" I ask her, raising my eyebrows. It was quite amusing watching her try to like me. Atleast she's trying, i guess. 

"I think you're really..cool" She shrugs.

"Okay, so now you've tried lying. Whats the real reason?" I sigh, going back to my tumblr dash. Two new messages. They're probably hate.

She sighed and rolled her eyes "You said you have connections with Ashton. Which means you have connections with Luke" She explains. I laugh. No, I literally laugh in her face. 

"I don't have any connections to the other boys" I say between laughs "Ashton has my number..and a photo but thats it. We aren't even aquiantances" I chuckle 

"Okay whatever, but you should still hang around us. Lola is some dark emo who cuts her skin. How gross is that? Seriously. I will show you to my friends tomorrow" She grins. Before i could even  reply, she was out the door. I wasn't going to reply anyway. Lola is a cutter too?

Maybe we have more in common than I thought.