Chapter 16 - Concert

"Have you ever sung before, Grace?" Calum asked suddenly, playing a few notes on his guitar. I stared at him blankly, waiting for him to clear up if he was serious or not. I mean, I love music with a passion, but I've never actually sung properly and I don't think I want to do it as a career. It just seems like way too much pressure. 

When he didn't continue to explain further, I chuckled and said "Nope." Don't get me wrong, I've had my fair share of shower performances, but other than that I've never sung. 

"Sing right now" He told me. "What song do you like? Fall out boy? Paramore?...Miley Cyrus?" He smirked. I laughed and nudged him with my shoulder. 

"Nice joke" I said seriously. 

"It wasn't a joke" He said. "I think you'd be a really good singer, because you spend so much time around it, yano" He nodded. 

"Well, sorry to break it to you, but I don't sing" I replied. I didn't want to sing infront of him, honestly. I hated my voice, and as you know, I have huge insecurities. "Plus aren't you supposed to be a couple of hours early to your gigs, to test everything and stuff?" I asked him.

"You're probably right, but when are we ever on time?" He laughed. I chuckled and nodded in agreement. They were almost never on time. I found it funny how he knew he should be there, but he made no move to get there on time. 

The rest of the boys joined us in the living room not long after, and they played a few more songs before they decided to leave. A white van was pulled up out the front and I knew it was their band van. I was right when Ashton opened the sliding door and jumped inside. There were no seats, just plain space. 

Michael gave him his guitar, then Calum and Luke soon followed. I assumed Ashton's drumkit would already be there, considering it's so big. We all got into a different car, with actual seats, and found our way towards the destination. 

---

"Okay so to be clear," The boys' manager started, "You guys will be front row while they play. After that you wait around until everyone else is out of here, got it?" He asked Lola and I. We nodded in understanding and followed him to the front of the line. There was a good thousand or so people here, which surprised me a lot. I had no idea they were so popular. 

"Why do they get to push in?" Someone from behind us whined. I pretended I didn't here them, and started a conversation with Lola. 

"What's going on with you and Michael?" I asked her suddenly. A couple of days ago, It was only a hunch that they had a thing, but after seeing them make out on the floor, I knew there was definitely something going on there. 

"I think we're going out" She shrugged "I don't know, he hasn't really asked me yet but we act like it" She told me quietly, making sure no one could hear her. "What about you and Ash? At one point you hate him, and the next you're his best friend" She joked

I shrugged "We had a messy past but we cleared it all up while we sat on the bank" I told her. 

"Okay girls." A guy wearing a black T-shirt and had a walkey-talkey sitting in his pocket nodded to us and motioned us into the doors. Lola and I followed in after him, and found our way towards a dark room. There was a stage at the front and there were purple, blue and pink lights shining down onto the intruments sitting on it. 

We made our way to the middle of the baracades and put our stuff on the stools infront of them. There were three security guards standing infront of the stage. One near the water jugs, another right infront of us, and one on the other side. Hopefully the one infront of us will move when the concert starts. 

"This is so exciting!" The girl next to me gushed as she jumped up and down nervously. I felt myself getting pushed further and further into the metal infront of me as the room filled up more. "Are you excited?" She asked, turning to me. Dammit, she must of saw me staring at her. 

"Uh," I chuckled "yeah, big fan" I told her. 

"Who's your favourite? I love Ashton. He's so perfect and just ugh" she muttered. I laughed and nodded casually. 

"I can't decide. They're all..Cool" I smiled. I didn't want to give away that I was their friend, instead of a fan. Reason being, that I didn't want to get mixed up in the fame. I've seen the One Direction fandom. They ship and write crazy imagines about them, and I didn't want to be apart of that.

The lights dimmed and the four familiar boys suddenly stepped onto the stage. They took their familiar spots and picked up their instruments. "Hello Sydney!" Luke called. There was a loud cheer which made me wince in fright.

"This is teenage dirtbag" Michael stated, before playing a few strings on the guitar in his arms. 

"Her name is noel. I had a dream about her, she rings my bell. I got gym class in half an hour, oh how she rocks in keds and tube socks. But she doesn't know I am. She doesn't give a damn about me" 

"I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby. I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby. Listen to Iron Maiden maybe with me woahhhhh" Luke sang in tune.

"Her boyfriend's a dick and he brings a gun to school and he'd simply kick my ass if he new the truth. He lives on my block. He drives an IROC. But he doesn't know who I am. And he doesn't give a damn about me" I spotted ashton in the background banging the drums hard. he looked so happy and carefree up there. I watched as the sweat slowly fell down his face and onto his neck, and as the veins in his arms tensed and untensed as he banged the kit to the beat. 

All of a sudden he stared at me and smiled brightly.

This feels way too familiar. Way way way too familiar.

Flashbacks continue to make my way to my head as I remembered the concert when i was fifteen. 

I decided to take a risk and i threw a black leather friendship bracelet to Ashton. it landed just in front of his drum set, but he saw it. I remember buying it a few weeks ago. They were the only bracelets on the rack left, but I really needed a new bracelet, so i bought them both. 

My eyes were frantic as I searched Ashtons bracelets. The familiar leather was sitting on his wrist, and I had to hold back the tears.

He still has it. 

"I saw you in the concert" He murmured "You were so into the music" he chuckled.

I remember the moment he said them exact words. It was the first thing Ashton had ever said to me. Tears started flowing down my face as I remembered every moment of that day. 

"Hey" he gasped quietly "You're beautiful and incredible and Amazing and I love you" He whispered, kissing my head and holding my wrists. He brushed his thumb over my scars then kissed them gently. I clutched onto him again, and cried.

That was the moment he found out about my depression. He moment he decided that he'd text me and make sure I'd never have to feel that way again. 

but I did. For an entire year after that.

I didn't realise I was breathing heavily until Lola put an arm on my shoulder. "Grace are you okay?" Her face held confusion and concern. I needed air. I couldn't breathe in here. The memories were too much for me to handle right now

This is way too much.  

---------------------------------------------------------

So this is short and horrible I am a bad person but I just wanted to get something up for you. This chapter is a lead up for the next chapter which will be intense! 

Who likes the new cover????

Anyway, GUYS IF YOU COULD DO ME A HUGE FAVOUR AND GO AND READ MY BAD BOY STORY IT'D MEAN SO MUCHHHH :)

Comment taco if you read the authors note ok xoxox