Chapter 15 - By the way, there's a gig tonight

Ashton and I sat by the creek for a couple more hours after our confession. We spoke about random things from why I didn't want to go back to the party, to how Tonka was going. I explained to him that tonka was bigger, but usually stayed outside because Jason doesn't like it when the dogs are in the house.

"We should go back now" Ashton said, rolling over onto his stomach. He propped himself onto his elbows, so that he could look at me properly "If you want" He added quickly. 

"What time is it?" I mumbled. I was extremely tired by now. I felt dehydrated and drained, but I wanted to stay away as long as possible. It just didn't feel right going back to the house. Too many, way too many memories.

"Just past 3am" he told me. I nodded and slowly sat up. My jeans were still damp, but the shirt I was wearing was long dry. I hated wearing wet jeans. They were close to impossible to take off.

I helped him stand up, and we walked back to the house at a slow pace. "Thank you" I told him again. He chuckled and shook his head, as if saying you don't need to say thank you

"You said that about five times already" he pointed out, smirking at me. I blushed and shrugged a little bit.

"I'm sorry too" I told him "I'm sorry for being bitch to you, even so long after our meeting and everything" I sighed "I'm glad we're friends Ashton" I told him. He smiled at me, and I thought I saw his eye glimmer a little bit

"I'm glad we are too" he said. We walked the rest of the way back in a comfortable silence -well unless you class soggy converse shoes slapping against the road as silence.

When we got back to Stella's house, things were surprisingly quiet. A lot of the cars were gone, and the neighbours seemed to be peaceful. Ashton and I gave each other a confused look, before we walked up to the door

"Lola?" I called. I hope Stella didn't make a surprise visit, because things wouldn't be good. "Luke?"

"In here" I heard someone mumble. I walked past the kitchen and into the lounge room where about three random people were sleeping. Luke was sitting on the couch, an ice pack on his eye and a glass of water in his hand.

"What happened?" I gasped, quickly walking over to him. He groaned and removed the ice pack from his eye. A huge black bruise was forming around his eye socket "are you okay?"

"I'm fine" he chuckled "you should have seen the other guy" he smirked.

"You're an idiot, Luke" Michael sighed, walking down the stairs and collapsing onto the couch next to Luke

"Alright someone explain to us what happened" I muttered sternly, trying not to be loud for the sleeping strangers sakes

"Some guy was coming on to this drunk chick and Luke being Luke, decided it would be a good idea to get involved" Michael chuckled "A huge fight started, and the ambulance was called for the other guy. After that the police showed up and shut the entire thing down" he explained. I sighed in relief and nodded.

"Where's Lola and Calum?" I asked

"Lola is asleep in your room, I hope that okay" Michael said "and Calum is taking the girl home. She was pretty shaken up" he said. I nodded and smiled slightly at Calum's sweetness.

"Where were you guys?" Luke asked, raising an eye brow at Ashton and I. I looked away from his gaze, knowing he'll get it out of me eventually. I wanted to tell him. I was happy that Ashton and I were on speaking terms now, and it literally made everything around me easier. I didn't have to close up so much anymore.

"I needed air" I said simply

"For four hours?" Michael smirked

"It was stuffy in here!" I deffended, smiling at my lie. The boys decided to drop it and we all fell into a comfortable silence