Chapter 45 - Goodbye you

I stared boredly at the clock infront of me as I waited for the test time to finish. Stella hooked me up with this place that gives you the chance to see how you're coping around all of Australia, kind of like NAPLAN but it was an outside of school thing, and more for those who regret not getting an OP score. 

I could sit here and pretend I've finished the test, and that all the people around me still working are struggling more than me, but the truth was, I took one look at the questions, and answered next to nothing. I wasn't sure what it was, I just couldn't get my brain to connect the two. 

"Ladies and gentleman your time is up," The tall, dark haired woman at the front called, "Please close your test papers and put your pens down," She said. someone next to her whispered something into her ear, then she nodded, "Thank you all for coming. Your results will come in the mail" 

I let out a dissapointed sigh, and grabbed my pen, then followed the rest of the people out of the wide doors. Luke was leaning against his car, his sunglasses sitting on his face, and his maroon snapback on backwards. He was also wearing a tank top that said Destroy yourself. See who gives a fuck.

"How'd you go?" He asked, pushing himself off his truck. 

"I answered three out of fifty questions. How do you think I went?" I mumbled, more annoyed with myself than anything else. 

He slid into the drivers seat and reversed out of the carpark, "It was just a stupid text," He shrugged

"It's not just a stupid test!" I yelled, Which caused Luke's eyes to widen in shock, "Look," I sighed, "I'm sorry I'm just...Scared"

"I know," He nodded, gulping, "But it will work out. It will, I swear" 

"I hope so," I mumbled, resting my chin on my palm. We sat in silence for a few seconds before he continued. 

"Do you want me to drop you at Ashton's?" 

"Yes, please" I nodded. Ashton couldn't take me himself because his mum had to do some errands and he was home bound with his brother and sister. I thought about not telling him how unsuccessful  I was, but I decided against it. He's seen me scratch myself until i've bled, he's not going to run away after knowing how much of a failure I am...Will he?

------------------------------------------

 I walked into Ashtons house, not really worrying about knocking -Only because I could hear the music blasting clearly from the house. The song was familiar, it was an INSX song -My favourite one actually. 

"Cause we all have wings," Ashton sung as he stood on the coffee table with Harry and Lauren, "But some of us, don't know why-y-y-y-y-y" He sang, hitting the note terribly. I let out a loud laugh, and slapped my palms against my knees, he turned around, but instead of stopping he continued, "I was standing," He pointed to me, "You were there," His point turned into an offer of his hands -Which I grabbed- And he pulled onto the coffee table with him

"Two worlds collided," We sang together, "And they could never, ever tear us apart" I grinned at him, and he let out a short giggle, "Hi" I said quietly, our hands not untangling.

"Hey" He grinned, before the music picked up and Harry did the air guitar movements.

"I'm bein Cal!" He said happily. I laughed and grabbed onto Laurens hand. She happily danced with me and we all sang the rest of the song, my smile not fading once. 

I collapsed onto the couch, Ashton doing the same as the next song on shuffle came on. It was a Blink 182 song, and it was familiar, but I didn't know the name to it, "How did the test go?" He asked me. I shrugged, my smile turning more into a line.