Chapter 11 - Weird roof obsessions

Dress on the side is Lola's dress, but picture it with spikey tights underneath!

Somehow I ended up at the table the boys, Lola and I were seated at alone. I wasn't sure why or even how, but I was. 

People were standing around drinking champaign, eating the platters at the buffet or sitting at their tables. Some old people were also dancing, which I found the most entertaining. I've always found old couples the cutest, because no matter how unattractive or old they get, they're still there. It shows so much in a person. 

Luke and Cal were helping Lukes aunty out with a surprise for his mum, but I wasn't sure where the rest were. Not even Ashton, who -ever since I moved here- clinged to me like glad wrap. I have to admit, I kind of liked the attention I was getting, but seriously, If you've spent your entire life not knowing if anyone cared for you, you'd feel like this too, right?

"Why are you sitting by yourself?" An unfamiliar voice asked. I looked up and spotted a blonde boy with an amazing tan. He was definitely a beach boy. Probably no older than 18 years of age, too. He was really attractive,and didn't seem like the cocky kind of guy. 

I smiled and shrugged at the stranger "my friends ditched me" I chuckled. He sighed happily and say down at the table next to me. I smiled at him as we sat down. 

"Well then, I guess you're stuck with me" he grinned. I grinned back and nodded to him. He was definitely related to Luke. I wasn't exactly sure how he was, but you could tell they're from the same blood line. The blonde hair and blue eyes say it all. 

"I'm Grace" I smiled, putting my hand out for him to shake. 

"Dylan" he replied. 

"Are you related to Luke?" I blurted. I blushed slightly when he smirked at my outburst. This is the first time an attractive boy has spoken to me since..Since the 5SOS concert when I was 15. It felt nice, to be honest.

"He's my cousin" he chuckled "we don't see eachother much, I live in Adelaide" he explained. "Are you Luke's girlfriend?" He asked. 

I frowned. Why is everyone constantly asking that? "Just friends" I said for the third time today. Oh my god, why is it so important if I was Luke's girlfriend anyway? Who cares? Just because he knows something no one else does, doesn't mean I'm going to jump into his arms like some of those disney princesses.

"Good, because he wouldn't be happy about me dancing with his girl" he grinned, standing up. I looked at him with confusion while I let that sentence sink in. 

I stared at his hand that was out infront of me for a minute before realising he wanted me to take it "you want to dance..with me?" I asked, utterly surprised. My life is definitely changing. I've never been asked to dance in my life, and I had never planned to be asked. Ever. 

"Why not?" He shrugged, still smiling. I grinned at him and took hold of his hand. He led us towards the dance floor where a few other people were, and put his hands on my waist. I automatically put my arms around his neck.  

"So how long are you here for?" I asked him. He sighed heavily and looked down at me as we swayed to the solf music. There weren't any lyrics, it was just soft Italian kind of music. I liked it. It was...Classy.

"Well, we're here until Friday" He told me. I nodded. He'll be here all week then. "How long have you and Luke been friends?" He asked me "Because I was here last year and he only had the guys and a few other people" He told me.

"I moved here about a month or two ago" I told him simply. 

"Was there something wrong with you lived before?" He asked me. I frowned slightly. I didn't want to tell more people why I moved here, but I've never thought up a lie to tell everyone. Maybe I should start thinking about that, before people find out I've been making excuses the entire time.