Chapter 32 - Explain it to me

You know that numb feeling you get when you can't feel anything because you've made it to a certain point in sadness? That It can't be true feeling when you've been told something completely impossible? What about that fear because you have no idea what is about to happen or where your future will go? 

I was feeling like that now as I sat next to Landon, who was trying to explain their reason behind the bet

The bet

who would have thought that two, three letter words would send me into something much, much more scary than sitting in the same room as my biological mother. To me Landon was just moving his mouth. I couldn't here anything coming from his sick twisted body. I literally felt my heart beat in my throat, and it was choking me.

I needed to get out of here. I need to know the truth.

I quickly stood up and ran. I ran until I was at the back door, not even realising that I had ran out of breath about two minutes ago. I reached for the door roughly, unable to control my anger and fear. It slammed against the wall, but I could hardly hear the slam. My heart was too anxious for that.

I ran into the game room where Calum, Luke, Lola and Ashton were sitting. I felt like throwing up. I couldn't breathe. Everyone in the room turned around to look at me, which made the tears finally start to fall. 

"Are you ok-" Luke started. 

"Is it true?" I asked Ashton, cutting off Luke. He didn't say anything, but his eyes softened into guilt, and his adams apple bobbed up and down. 

"Grace-"

"So it's true," I whispered, "OF COURSE IT'S TRUE!" I screamed, "Of course," I muttered, laughing slightly. He got off the couch and started walking over to me, but I couldn't deal with him. I was in the middle of having an anxiety attack, just standing in the same room at this...This monster, "You're unbelieveable" 

"Look, Grace I-"

"No! don't touch me!" I cried, "Y-You lied. About everything...Didn't you?" I whispered, hicupping in the middle of it all. He stayed silent, which made more tears flow, I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath, "Just answer one thing," I whispered, "What was the deal?" I didn't dare drop my gaze with him until he answered my question.

He gulped and looked at the floor, "I-I had four months to make you fall in love with me" He whispered. 

My eyes narrowed and I slapped him across the face as hard as possible, "Well guess what, asshole," I growled, "You lost!" I spat before running out of the room, the tears falling down my face uncontrollably. It literally felt like my heart had just been stomped on repeatedly. Again.

By the same person.

Ashton's POV

I watched as she ran out of the room, her small body shaking and her tears falling out of her pretty green eyes. I wanted to grab her, pull her close, and make her feel better, but this time I was the problem. 

I was the reason she's hurting inside. 

"You dick!" Calum growled, immediately throwing a punch to my face. I didn't retaliate, and just let myself fall to the floor, my hands automatically reaching for my jaw. "How could you" He spat. 

"Cal," Luke said quietly, stepping closer towards us. I watched as Lola walked out of the room, glaring at me as she walked passed. They had no idea, though. They didn't understand that I never meant to hurt her, and that during this I've fallen. 

I've fallen really fucking hard.

"Don't, Luke" Calum snarled, "He deserves it. How could you Ashton!" He screamed in frustration, "You're sick" He clarified before storming out of the room, punching the wall on the way out. I sighed and leaned against the chair.