Chapter 38 - First time

When I tied up my laces, I went over to my cupboard and grabbed my black purse with my school ID and twenty dollars in it. I grabbed my sunnies off the top and quickly walked out of the bedroom, skipping the last step on the stairs as I jumped down them. 

"Ashton just went to fill up the car. He'll be back soon" Luke smiled as I walked past the lounge room. I nodded a thanks and walked through the kitchen. Sally was sitting at the table, a smile on her face. I smiled politely at her, deciding I was going to be nice. I gave my word to Cal that i'd be nice. 

"Hey Grace," She smiled, "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure" I shrugged, stopping to get a glass of water. I poured the water into a glass that Lola had cleaned and brought it to my lips. 

"Is Ashton single?" She asked. I choked on my drink as I looked at her, wide eyed. I looked down at my water and shrugged, "Do you think he'd go out with me? I mean, I'm not a slut I promise but he's really hot" She laughed.

"I um...You know we dated right?" I asked awkwardly, "Broke up not long ago" I told her. Her eyes widened as she realised what I was getting at. I chuckled nervously and gulped down more water. Since when was I put in such awkward positions like this?

"Oh I'm sorry...Are you okay with it? I mean, if you guys aren't completely over, I can back off" She stated.

"It's okay-" I started but she cut me off. 

"You know what? It completely isn't. I should back off a bit. I had no idea you guys were even together at all. Calum should have told me," She sighed, "All he said was that there was a bit of tension in the house, and thats why you were staying longer" She stated. 

"Cal didn't tell you?" I asked, surprised. I was kind of happy that he didn't blab my business out to everyone, but I was expecting  him to tell someone. He was so mad when he found out, I'd thought he would have needed to express, and because he likes Sally, I thought he'd do that. 

"Yeah but that doesn't matter. I want to hear juicy details of your relationship" She grinned. I faked a smile and leaned against the bench. Oh boy, here we go. Maybe it will be good to get it out of my system. She seems nice enough too, I guess, "Did you guys kiss?" She asked me, her eyes lighting up in excitement.

"Yes," I chuckled, "A lot" I stated simply. We're not pubescent twelve year olds too shy to hold each others hands. Obviously we've kissed. Do I look like the fridget type? I mean, yeah, being surrounded with my mum as a kid, it's kind of tormented me a bit, but I'm not fridget right?

"Have you guys had sex? Is he good?" She asked. I almost choked on how blunt she asked it. But I guess she is an...Eighteen year old girl. Is she eighteen? She looks eighteen and- It's my birthday in two days. I'm seventeen in two days and I get uncomfortable when people talk about sex around me. 

Oh my god, I'm totally fridget. 

"Yeah, we have" I stated, directing my gaze to her face. A lie never hurt anyone right? Maybe if I tell her I've fucked him, she might believe that I don't get uncomfortable talking about sex. At least to her I won't be the only virgin in the house.

"Is he the dirty type or the sweet typ-"

"Ya ready?" Ashton asked, poking his head through the door. I nodded quickly and smiled at Sally who was blushing. She looked at Ashton as if she really liked him, and that made my incredibly uncomfortable. Why can't she like Calum like he likes her?

"I have to go," I stated, "Nice chat" I chuckled before I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the house, following Ashton. I got in the passengers seat, and he got in the drivers seat, obviously, "Was this a birthday present?" I asked him suddenly.