Lethal • Sam Carpenter - Quinn Bailey

8:32pm at Chad's party

" Quinn, right?" Sam asked, and you nodded in response. It was evident that she was hurt. The way she looked down to the floor at your answer was enough to get her dejected. " Alright...," She whispered, her gaze connecting once again with yours.

" It's everything alright, Sam?" You asked, noticing the petite's sudden change of emotions

" Oh, yeah..." She whispered, nodding her head. " I just have a bit of a headache....that's all..," Sam lied, avoiding by any means explaining you the real reason why she was feeling like that. You in the other hand, without getting the hint that the girl in front of you has been crushing on you for the last five months, guilelessly offered her some medications.

" You want some advil and water? I'm pretty sure Chad and the boys have some around," You pitched, and she shook her head.

" No, it's okay. I'll just wait out here," Sam whispered, the chilly night's wind wafting over her exposed chest. She was wearing a tight black dress that reached just above her knees, making her curves look well-exhibited. " Tara and I will be leaving soon, so don't worry...," She added.

Before you could reply to her, you went ahead and removed your jacket off of you. With a gentle smile, you then hovered it around her shoulders so she could keep herself a little warm while she waited for her sister. " I don't think Tara will be coming out any time soon. She's having a lot of fun inside," You chuckled, placing your hands inside your front pockets of your ripped jeans.

By the gesture that you did, Sam couldn't help, but curve her lips into a soft smile. The brunette was able to get a whiff of your perfume you were wearing as you wrapped your jacket around her shoulders, getting lost on that scent for a couple of seconds. That was until you spoke about her sister not leaving the party this early that got her back to reality. She knew you were right. " Well, a girl can hope, right?," Sam joked lightly, putting the zipper of the jacket all the way up, making sure to cover her exposed collarbones. " And thank you for the jacket, you didn't have to do that..."

You shook your head, letting her know it was no problem. " It's okay, Sam. Apart from having a headache, I don't want you getting sick too.."

A week ago...

Sam was at Tara's apartment, visiting her for the weekend.

" What is Quinn doing here, Tara?," Sam questioned her little sister, totally confused into why Quinn was roaming around the kitchen like it was her own apartment, grabbing some cereal and walking back to her room.

" Oh yeah, she moved in with us like two weeks ago." Tara replied, sitting down on the couch while Sam followed her along.

" What do you mean she moved in?," The older sister was befuddled.