Chapter 22

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

It's been a few days since Izuku goes back to school. The days were quite normal and boring, but he and the rest of his class always train after school, although Izuku, for the past few days, has felt like someone is chasing him, but whenever he turns around, the person is gone. He's just getting into the classroom, today is the day of the exam, you can tell that because the students are very nervous.

Izuku: Hey guys.

The rest of the class look at him, still nervous and a bit surprised that Izuku is so chilled.

Class: Hey Izuku.

He sits in his seat and his friends look at him.

Rin: How can you be so calm?

Izuku: There's no point in being so nervous, it only affects your decision making in battles. Now don't think too much about what can be. Once you know what or who you are fighting, you must do everything you can to create a plan to win that fight.

The rest sighs and nods.

Kendo: Izuku is right, come on guys, let's calm down.

The class waits a few minutes for their teacher to open the door and look inside.

Vlad: It's time, put on your costumes and then make your way to the shuttle buses, they will take you to the Practical Examinations Headquarters.

And with that he leaves, the students nod and make their way to the locker rooms to change, that's when some of the other boys take a look at Izuku and discover a bunch of scars.

Yuzo: Izuku?

Confused, Izuku turns and looks at him with a raised eyebrow.

Izuku: Yeah?

Juzo: Where do all these scars come from? You didn't have that before the internships.

Izuku looks at him for a few seconds in complete silence.

Izuku: I got these during training.

Tetsutetsu looks at him before he gets anime tears.

Tetsutetsu: So manly! Trained so hard you get scars, you're awesome Izuku!

Izuku smiles, nods, and gives a thumbs up.

Izuku: Let's do this!

The boys leave the locker room and make their way to the shuttle buses. The drive takes a few minutes to arrive at the Practical Examinations Headquarters, but instead of just Vlad standing there, there are other teachers from the school standing there as well. Among them, Present Mic, Ectoplasm, Cementoss, Hound Dog, Snipe and Midnight.

Vlad: As you can see, several heroes have come together here. The exam will look like this: you will be divided into two teams and you have to win against one of us to pass.

The whole class seems a bit shocked when they hear that. Except for Izuku, who looks at the teachers seriously.

Izuku: *Thoughts* I knew it.

Kendo: When do we win?

Vlad: You win if you can get close enough to put these handcuffs on us, or if you can make it across the finish line. Now go inside and then you will see who you will fight with.

With that, the class goes into the building and see a plaque on the wall. Izuku searches for his name and discovers it with Kendo's name next to it. The two look at each other and nod.

Izuku: So we both work together, kendo. We're gonna do this.

Kendo: Yeah! Who are we fighting?

They both look at their names and look down to see their opponent there, it's midnight.

Izuku: So Midnight...

Kendo: Why Midnight?

Izuku: Probably because they think the best chance she has to take me down is with her quirk. They're not wrong about that, Eraserhead would probably have been better, no idea why they decided not to bring him up.

Kendo: He probably has class 1-A to deal with, these guys are a problem magnet.

Izuku chuckles and nods.

Izuku: You're right.

Vlad comes into the room.

Vlad: YAGI, KENDO! YOUR TURN!

Izuku: So we're the first.

Kendo: We can do it, Izuku.

Izuku: Yeah!

The two make their way through a tunnel, it takes them a few minutes to arrive at an arena that resembles a wasteland. The area is huge with a fence surrounding the area. they see a map showing the whole area and where the objective is that they can win. They go through the gate and a beep sounds, the exam has started. They both run and look around.

Kendo: What do you think we should do?

Izuku: I'd say we're trying to get through the goal, but I think Midnight knows that too.

Kendo: So she will be at the gate?

Izuku: I would say so. Or at least close by.

It takes the two quite a while before she somehow gets close to the target, but as Izuku suspected, the entire area is filled with a dense pink fog.

Kendo: Yep she's around here somewhere. If we somehow inhale that mist, we're done for.

A drop of sweat runs down Izuku's forehead.

Izuku: *Thoughts* What am I using? One of the weapons I have, or do I go random?

He thinks for a few seconds before making up his mind as Midnight comes running out of the fog and is about to kick Izuku. It flashes briefly and Midnight's kick is stopped by a stone wing.

Midnight: What?

Izuku: Huh, so it's Galio.

He sends Midnight back into the mist with a flap of his wing. But then he noticed something.

Izuku: Kendo imitate me!

Izuku starts flapping his wings, creating a strong gust of wind that blows the mist away. Kendo understands what he's trying to do, enlarges her hands and does the same for him. The fog is blown away, clearing a path to the gate. The two start running as Midnight jumps out of the remaining fog, her suit ripped open slightly, allowing her Quirk to come out easily. She leaves for another attack as Izuku grins.

Izuku: Kendo...

Kendo: Yes?

Izuku: Only one has to come through the gate.

He holds his breath and flies into Midnight, causing the two to disappear into the fog. Kendo looks in shock for a moment before running on and coming through the gate.

The exam is passed.

A victory call sounds and the fog of Midnight clears, but what emerges is not very surprising. Midnight sits on the floor with Izuku's head on her lap as she strokes his hair. She sighs a little disappointed.

Midnight: Too bad, I thought I could have more fun. Oh at least I finally have this sweet one here in my lap.

To be continued.