Chapter 29

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

A few days have passed since Izuku first met Sir Nighteye. The next day after he met him, there was already a message for him in the dorm's mailbox. It said that he should be in a skyscraper in a conference room in the early afternoon. He shrugged and started walking, but he made a detour to a certain apartment complex.

Ahri is still asleep and is hugging one of her pillows, breathing, very calmly, and snuggling a little further into her bed when a good smell hits her nose. She wakes up immediately, at first she thought it was one of the neighbors making breakfast, but the smell is a bit too strong for that.

She gets up and goes into her living room, where she sees Izuku sitting at a table. He is drinking a coffee and reading a newspaper while there is a beautiful breakfast on the table. He looks up from his newspaper and smiles at her.

Izuku: Good morning.

She blinks at him, a little perplexed.

Ahri: Am I still dreaming?

Izuku grins smugly upon hearing this.

Izuku: Uh I'm in your dreams~

Ahri blushes a little and pinches herself, after a short "Ow" she looks around.

Ahri: Okay, I'm awake. What are you doing here?

Izuku looks between Ahri and the table several times.

Izuku: Is that so hard to see?

Ahri sighs and puts a hand on her forehead.

Ahri: No it's not you idiot. You made breakfast, but why?

Izuku gets up and pours himself another cup of coffee while looking at her.

Izuku: Because I wanted to have breakfast with you. So come sit down before it gets cold.

Ahri shakes her head in amusement again and sits down at the table with him. The two start eating as Izuku puts down his newspaper.

Izuku: So, have you found something you'd like to do as work yet?

Ahri sighs and shakes her head in disappointment.

Ahri: No... I just can't seem to find anything.

Izuku: You can do it, but I wasn't much help either, sorry.

Ahri: Don't worry Izuku. So what are you doing today?

Izuku, unsure if he can tell, shakes his head.

Izuku: Not much, I'll patrol town for a while before I go back to school.

It wasn't much of a lie, but he doesn't like doing that to Ahri. Ahri nods and the two focus on having breakfast again. After eating, Izuku makes his way to the skyscraper where he's supposed to go. On the train, he sees Izumi, Ochaco, Kirishima, and Tsuyu from 1-A. The four don't seem to notice him at first, but when he and the group get off at the same station, they finally notice him.

Kirishima: Yo Izu-bro!

Izuku turns and smiles at him.

Izuku: Hi Kirishima, Tsuyu, Ochaco, Izumi.

Tsuyu puts one of her fingers to her lip.

Tsuyu: What brings you here, kero?

Izuku: I'm attending a conference near here.

Ochaco: What you too?

Izuku briefly raises an eyebrow before realizing what's going on.

Izuku: I see, so that's the situation...

The four look at him confused.

Kirishima: What do you mean?

Izuku slowly makes his way before looking over his shoulder.

Izuku: You'll understand once we get there.

After a while, the group finally arrive at the skyscraper and arrive at the conference room. There are several heroes in the room that Izuku already recognizes, but they seem to be made up of heroes who aren't that well known.

Among them are the Big Three as well, including Mirio aka Lemillion, Nejire Hado aka Nejire Chan, and Tamaki Amajiki aka Sun Eater. The three are third graders at UA.

Sir Nighteye enters the conference room and each hero sits down.

Sir Nighteye: Let's start the meeting. This here-

A picture of a man with a mask resembling a bird's beak appears on a television.

Sir Nighteye: is Kai Chisaki, aka Overhaul. He is the current yakuza leader of the Shie Hassaikai. His Quirk allows him to destroy and rebuild objects. By working with you guys I was able to collect enough data to form a theory.

Kirishima suddenly feels a bit overwhelmed with the situation.

Kirishima: Um, can someone enlighten us what this is all about?

Sir Nighteye: I'll get to that now.

A picture of a red bullet appears on the television.

Sir Nighteye: This bullet was seized by Fatgum a few days ago.

Kirishima: That's the bullet from back then!

Fatgum: Exactly Red Riot. This is the bullet that was shot at you and caused the Sun Eater to briefly lose his quirk.

This shocks most of the heroes in the room.

Fatgum: The effect was fortunately short-lived, after which he was able to use his Quirk normally again.

Sir Nighteye: After analyzing the liquid that was in the bullet, we found it to be a Quirk Destruction Substance.

Izuku crosses his arms and looks at Sir Nighteye.

Izuku: That's not all, am I right?

The image changes again and the image of a young girl appears.

Sir Nighteye: This is Eri, she is Overhaul's daughter and our primary target.

Rock Lock: I assume she has some connection to the substance?

There is silence for a few seconds before Sir Nighteye says the following with a heavy heart.

Sir Nighteye: We found parts of blood and skin in the substance.

Most heroes' eyes widen. Mirio and Izumi stand up in shock and can believe what they hear. Izuku sits quite still, but he clenches his fist so hard that the table starts to splinter. Tsuyu and Ochaco stare in shock, their hands covering their mouths.

Kirishima: I don't understand-

Rock Lock clicks his tongue at hearing this.

Rock Lock: How dull are you please?! This overhaul uses his quirk to disassemble and reassemble his daughter to create this substance!

Kirishima's eyes widen as he begins to tremble.

Kirishima: What?

Sir Nighteye: That is exactly why we must do everything in our power to save this girl and stop the evil of Overhaul. We'll meet back here tomorrow to discuss the plan.

To be continued.